Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:49 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Island Paradise
Default Error code 12 related to mod
Hi everyoneÂ*
My problem is error code 12 actually I did EVERYTHING that was said to do I deleted many families and lots,I deleted bad save files and deleted everything unnecessary in my sims 3 folder I installed error trap and overwatch etc
And by the way my ram has a lot of free space
Actually my problem started when I lost my cd so I used no cd mod and I opened my game from program Files/Electronic Arts/Island paradise/Game/Bin.there is file name TS3EP09.ex and by clicking on this I go into my gameÂ*
Is my problem related to this?
Have you ever faced this situation?
I know there are lots of topics about error code 12 but I saw them all and tried Doing them all
Please help me with this
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Pretty sure ur not suppose to run TS3EPwhatever. Run TS3W.EXE

A message show up saying that unable to start game service intilization failed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:38 PM
ur on 1.69? ahh... can't help you there.

No I'm not I'm 1.67
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 10:48 PM
I guess the question is what No CD did you use ?

Some of them either hack your files or require you to replace your files with hacked versions, either of which could cause you problems, not sure if the would cause an error 12 or not, but they can be patch dependant.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bejaymac
I guess the question is what No CD did you use ?

Some of them either hack your files or require you to replace your files with hacked versions, either of which could cause you problems, not sure if the would cause an error 12 or not, but they can be patch dependant.

I got it from nraas
And I'm just tired of doing anything which was said to keep off this error
And I'm thinking of maybe new ways and suggestions or helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:43 AM
Well, I still don't know why you can't run TS3W.EXE, but error 12 has to do with RAM error and often from bloated games.

1) Did you clean out SNAPS with Kuree's savegame cleaner?
2) Did you disable sims ingame memories?
3) How old is your save? How many generations?
4) How big are the lots you play on?
5) How much RAM is being used when you run into error 12? 3.6gb?

Well as I said when I click on TS3W.EXE an error show up saying that service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)
1)I don't know what is SNAPS
2)no I didn't
3)more than 10 generations...I really like to save them and not to lose them
4)I play in small and medium lots like 40×30 usually
5)how can I know this tell me please
By the way thank you so much for trying to help me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:57 AM
1) Download Kuree's Savegame Cleaner. It will delete all the SNAPS - icons, thumbnails of households and lots, in your game. The game will regenerate new ones. The issue is that the game doesn't delete old icons/thumbnails, so it just progressively gets larger and larger. Keep in mind, this will delete any pictures your sim takes with their sims phone or sims camera. But it doesn't affect your actual screenshots. (http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1532/)

2) You need to go into your TS3 settings and "disable" memories for your sims. The memory function is bugged in TS3 and will cause bloating and crashing and error 12. You also need to use Kuree's Savegame Cleaner and click "remove memories"

3) Sorry man, by the time it gets this far, usually you need to refresh the game. But it depends, how many families do you play?

- Use a household and "travel" to a vacation destination. save the game something like "vacation."
- quit and go to menu - reload your original save
- Use NRAAS Porter and Port your households out.
- Then using NRAAS MC, delete all your townies (sims-advanced-total annihilation-homeworld-choose your homeworld), NPC residents, etc.. Your town is now empty
- use porter to port your households back in. Move them into the houses you want.
- use NRAAS SP's rapid immigration to fill your town again.
(Now at this point your families are in the game but dif households may not have their family tree intacted.
- save your game for backup. now travel to the "same" vacation with the "same" sims as you did before. In vacation, save the game like "vacation new."
- quit sims 3.
- copy your homeworld's nhd file (only this file) from "vacation new" into "vacation," override.
- Load your "vacation" savefile. Use the phone and "travel" home, it will load the "new" nhd you copied in but replace the family tree with your household's family tree. It should delete all the other family trees from NPC households you don't play.

Now, even this though, is not guaranteed. I do this every now and then but eventually still get error 12. The only sure way... is "not" to restore the family tree. The family tree needs to be broken. But in my case, I play the whole town, that's why it is bloated. If you only have a handful of households, you can keep the family tree going for a little longer.

Open task manager when you're playing and check to see how much RAM is it using.

Hi again I looked for Kuree's Savegame Cleaner but it nedeed another file called NET4.0 Framework isn't there any other version that doesn't require this?
2 ) I disabled the memories as you said
3) I play about 100 townies in my game
And thank you for your suggestion about moving family
4)I opened the task manager it uses 848.200 k is it alot?
Thank you so much for everything
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:51 PM
That... can't be right. 800k?

I assume the OP means 848,200 k and is using a decimal point where we in the US would use a comma. So 848 MB.

That really isn't much for a well progressed, heavy world carrying 10 generations of data to be using either though. Is this when the game is entirely started up and the game clock is running smoothly? How does it look after some gameplay has taken place?

On the .NET Framework thing, depending on your version of Windows and assuming this is Windows and not Mac, it may already be there but needs to be activated. If so, it would be under Control Panel > Programs and Features then "Turn Windows Features on or off" on the left side panel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I assume the OP means 848,200 k and is using a decimal point where we in the US would use a comma. So 848 MB.

That really isn't much for a well progressed, heavy world carrying 10 generations of data to be using either though. Is this when the game is entirely started up and the game clock is running smoothly? How does it look after some gameplay has taken place?

On the .NET Framework thing, depending on your version of Windows and assuming this is Windows and not Mac, it may already be there but needs to be activated. If so, it would be under Control Panel > Programs and Features then "Turn Windows Features on or off" on the left side panel.

It was when the game was running but when I saw again I understood it went on 920 k too...is it alot?
I installed the kuree's save game cleaner and I cleaned and it was ok and I cleared memories and a message said all memories are cleared up but when I went to my game I understood some of memories are still remaining....
I checked the options I disabled the memories and I tried again...again some memories were still there
And by the way I still got error code 12
Please help me with what should I do I will install whatever needed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Shaghayeghyz : 12th Sep 2018 at 2:03 PM.
What expansions do you have? I think typically even a clean game would run 2GB or more. It shouldn't be that low. And I still do not know why you cannot run TS3W.EXE.

I have generations and island paradise
By the way I understood that the reason that my game won't be saved is because my world is very large I mean there are a lot of sims, memories etc on it...because I start a new game in island paradise world to see if it save it or not and it saved
But as I said I really don't want to lose my families... Do you know any other file that can help me with cleaning all memories of townies? Because as I said kuree's didn't help me to clear memories
And do you think killing some elders to reduce population can help me?
What ways do you suggest me to make my world smaller?
By the way I don't have world adventures EP to travel them to a new world and save them there and EPs are rare in my country and when you find them they are sooooo much expensive is it my only way?
Thank you so much for trying to help me
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:46 PM Last edited by igazor : 14th Sep 2018 at 3:57 PM.
I'm afraid that most of us are or would be having trouble understanding why your ongoing game is consistently maxing out on resources if it's using such a relatively small amount of RAM and if it's been Save Cleaned.

Nitromon outlined a way to use NRaas Porter to move your sims to a new world or a new instance of the current one. Here are the more standard instructions with an illustrated tutorial.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter%20FAQ

NRaas Traveler can also be used to move one household to a new world entirely, not a new instance of the same one, and keep both worlds in play. Other households left behind can then be pulled into this new world by way of MasterController if this is wanted.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler%20FAQ
(see Switching Homeworlds towards the end, the procedure there must be followed exactly for this to work)

No one said anything about the World Adventures EP and WA is not required for either method. It used to be needed for Traveler long ago, but that requirement is no longer present on current versions.

If you want more EPs though, I would think that Origin and Patch 1.69 instead of CDs would be the way to pursue those, or repurchasing on Steam and switching over to a Steam install, provided either/both are available in your country, would be the better ways to go about it.

I would also highly recommend the other NRaas mods designed especially to improve game performance going forward (if you can go forward) if they aren't already in play -- Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, to an extent GoHere, and MasterController for its Reset Everything on the Town menu on City Hall.
Instructor
#18 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 3:02 AM
Isn't there a way to clear all memories with MC? I remember doing that whenever I start a new game to be safe and always leave them disabled.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Isn't there a way to clear all memories with MC? I remember doing that whenever I start a new game to be safe and always leave them disabled.

NRaas > MC > Sim > Intermediate > Remove Memories. If run on City Hall or an in-game computer, one could select all sims in town to run this on in one step.

Then disabling them will keep them from accumulating and clogging things up again. I prefer to keep them enabled but use Velocitygrass' mod to control them so most sims don't accumulate more than a couple dozen or so.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 11:14 AM
I'm afraid that most of us are or would be having trouble understanding why your ongoing game is consistently maxing out on resources if it's using such a relatively small amount of RAM and if it's been Save Cleaned.

Nitromon outlined a way to use NRaas Porter to move your sims to a new world or a new instance of the current one. Here are the more standard instructions with an illustrated tutorial.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Porter%20FAQ

NRaas Traveler can also be used to move one household to a new world entirely, not a new instance of the same one, and keep both worlds in play. Other households left behind can then be pulled into this new world by way of MasterController if this is wanted.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler%20FAQ
(see Switching Homeworlds towards the end, the procedure there must be followed exactly for this to work)

No one said anything about the World Adventures EP and WA is not required for either method. It used to be needed for Traveler long ago, but that requirement is no longer present on current versions.

If you want more EPs though, I would think that Origin and Patch 1.69 instead of CDs would be the way to pursue those, or repurchasing on Steam and switching over to a Steam install, provided either/both are available in your country, would be the better ways to go about it.

I would also highly recommend the other NRaas mods designed especially to improve game performance going forward (if you can go forward) if they aren't already in play -- Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, to an extent GoHere, and MasterController for its Reset Everything on the Town menu on City Hall.

Thank you so much for everything
I think I should move some families by traveler mod because my town is full of community lots and houses etc and I've installed too many CCs on it... Now it even freezes after playing for 30 minute real world even though I have overwatch and errortrap
Thank you for everything you told me to do I'm so grateful to you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 11:16 AM
NRaas > MC > Sim > Intermediate > Remove Memories. If run on City Hall or an in-game computer, one could select all sims in town to run this on in one step.

Then disabling them will keep them from accumulating and clogging things up again. I prefer to keep them enabled but use Velocitygrass' mod to control them so most sims don't accumulate more than a couple dozen or so.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281

Yes I did it and it wasn't still helpful and I still have error 12 but I'm trying to keep it off by killing elders and moving some families
Thank you so much