Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:00 AM
Default Need opinions on if MTS Painting appropriate
I did some paintings from Korean Illustrator Na Young Wu's Disney redo's and I think they're amazing and use them in the game, but wasn't sure if they would be right for MTS with the "no real pictures" guideline, thought I'd ask before I bothered submitting them
Imgur Album
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 1:33 AM
They're cartoony so they'd be fine. Cartoony = in game style, for the most part. The "real pictures" thing is mainly about REAL pictures - like a photo of your dog. But even then there are filters that you can apply to a real photo to make them fit the game style.

The real thing you'd need to worry about here is whether or not you have permission to use this artist's work. Is there a policy or TOU somewhere? Some artists don't want their artwork used in any way while some are fine with it. If you can't find anything, send the artist a message asking if you can use their artwork.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
They're cartoony so they'd be fine. Cartoony = in game style, for the most part. The "real pictures" thing is mainly about REAL pictures - like a photo of your dog. But even then there are filters that you can apply to a real photo to make them fit the game style.

The real thing you'd need to worry about here is whether or not you have permission to use this artist's work. Is there a policy or TOU somewhere? Some artists don't want their artwork used in any way while some are fine with it. If you can't find anything, send the artist a message asking if you can use their artwork.

Yea I did, I haven't got an answer back yet from her which is why I haven't uploaded them yet :D