Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Sleep All Night

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 769 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 97,373 Views
Uploaded: 18th Oct 2014 at 11:53 PM
Updated: 18th Dec 2014 at 11:59 AM
Compatible with the 1.3.18.1010 patch.

I don't know how useful this mod will be to people but I wanted it enough to make it for myself. The first reward trait I bought for my Sim was the never sleepy deal, and it was great, I got loads of stuff done instead of sleeping. Eventually, however, I ran out of things that really needed doing and I sometimes just wanted to sleep through the night (super speed) to get the next day started. Since my Sim was always at max energy he would only sleep for two hours or so and then wake up. I had to direct him to sleep 3-4 times every night to keep him in bed. This problem also came up when I had a large family. I would send the kids to bed early and, because they had high energy-restoring beds, they would wake up at 1 am - 2 am. I could fix this by buying cheap beds for everyone but it's the expensive beds that should make you not want to wake up!

This is a very simple XML tuning mod I came up with after exploring how the game deals with sleep. I found that when a Sim reaches max energy while sleeping they receive an hidden buff called buff_Sim_WakeupInXHoursHidden. This buff lasts up to 2 hours and when it reaches 0 it wakes your Sims up. All this mod does is change this buff to last for 24 hours. This allows me to effectively send a Sim with max Energy to bed and he'll sleep for up to 24 hours before waking up naturally.

This mod does not force Sims to sleep! There are numerous events that will wake a Sim up. All Sims have a scheduled hour when they wake up naturally regardless of this buff timer. For an unemployed Sim it seems to be 8 am. This scheduled hour will probably vary for Sims depending on their jobs. For example, one Sim had to be at work at 7 pm and always woke up every day at Noon no matter what. Also, Bladder and Hunger needs will still wake a Sim up if they get low enough. A Sim will not sleep through Go to Work or Go to School auto-queued interactions, these will wake the Sim up as normal. Any action queued up by the player will wake the Sim up if the Sims energy is full, as normal. Finally, of course, canceling the sleep interaction will wake the Sim up.

This mod will only prevent a Sim from waking up because their Energy need is full.

This mod changes the following XML resource and will conflict with other mods that also change this resource:
S4_6017E896_00000000_0000000000012DE8

This mod was built using Game Version 1.0.732.20, it should be compatible with all versions.

Additional Credits:
S4pe by Kuree
XML Extractor by Velocitygrass