Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Trying to install a world but it downloads as a PDF.rar file
I downloaded the world (Falls Cove) from
http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com
but when it finished downloading it is a PDF .rar
I don't know how to even attempt going about getting this into
my game if it helps i have tried to look and look for the answer i know it says you need ( i have 7zip)
If anyone can help me please I really would love to play some of these worlds.
also I have noticed that some worlds to download are using dropbox can you also explain them?
thank you to anyone who can answer these questions for me and and probably help a lot of us
who do not know a lot of this stuff.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 2:40 AM
I was able to download the .rar file just fine and inside there was a sims3pack, although I was using Winrar. Are you sure it's a PDF file? I can't really think of a reason why yours would be a PDF while mine would be a sims3pack, although I don't know too much about computers. If you wanna download from Dropbox, just wait a little after opening the tab with it and click the blue download button under a horse in wrapping paper and there'll be two options; Direct Download and Save to my Dropbox, choose Direct Download and it'll download. There might be a pop-up asking you to log in, but there should be a little x you can click to ignore that and continue on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:29 AM
Default Picture of the PDF
this is the picture of the PDF.rar
Screenshots
Instructor
#4 Old 10th May 2018 at 5:15 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 10th May 2018 at 5:16 AM. Reason: Typo
The .rar file extension might be incorrectly associated with Adobe Acrobat on your system. Start 7-Zip manually and try opening the file. If it's a properly formatted rar file, it'll open normally and the .sims3pack file within will be extractable.

Also, make sure that the file didn't get named something like "Falls Cove (2).rar.pdf" by accident, with Windows set to hide file extensions so that it appears to end with .rar when it actually doesn't. Instructions on how to unhide file extension on Windows are easy to find online.

Good luck.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.