Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 11:50 AM
Clothing/Armour Conversion from Medieval to Sims 3?
I know there have been a few hair conversions from Sims 3 to Medieval but I was wondering if it was possible to do the same for the outfits in Sims Medieval, to convert it to Sims 3.

If anyone has done this before, or is willing to do so now your help would be much appreciated. If nothing else, someone could give me a quick rundown of how to do it myself (never modded a game before though). Mostly I'd just need the female outfits from the Queen, Jacoban Priest and Spy careers as well as the male outfits from the King, Knight and Spy careers (some of the outfits in those careers are used multiple times so I'd only need one of each style).

Also would it be possible to convert outfits from Sims 3 to Sims Medieval (e.g. Caveman, Medieval Surcoat + Chainmail, Samurai Chainmail & Armour ect; the ones you have to type the unlockoutfits on cheat code to get)?

I really need this done so I can continue a Machinima I'm working on. Of course I wouldn't need to use Sims Medieval at all if there was a sword fighting/sparring animation mod for Sims 3 but that's neither here nor there at the moment.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 12:38 PM
This 4shared account has a ton of TSM conversions. I'm direct linking to the converted objects folder. If you look to the menu on the left sidebar, you'll see two folders labeled TSM CAS, those have a lot of the clothes:
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/...l#dir=350835522
This blog has more clothes:
http://silfantasy.blogspot.com/
And this one has some clothes and objects:
http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.co.../label/Medieval
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
This 4shared account has a ton of TSM conversions. I'm direct linking to the converted objects folder. If you look to the menu on the left sidebar, you'll see two folders labeled TSM CAS, those have a lot of the clothes:
http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/...l#dir=350835522
This blog has more clothes:
http://silfantasy.blogspot.com/
And this one has some clothes and objects:
http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.co.../label/Medieval

Hey thanks for the links and Info this will help me a ton. Just curious though, are any of those those taken from sims 3 to put into medieval? I'm having a bit of trouble trying to understand the titles of some of them for instance: what does the "am" part mean in: tsmambodyknightsword.rar?

Thanks again for the help I cant stress enough how much of an impact this is going to make on the quality of my machinima.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 4:15 AM
Adult male. The thing is though, conversions between games are, I believe, frowned upon.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Belzader : 22nd Dec 2012 at 8:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
The thing is though, conversions between games are, I believe, frowned upon.

If you're talking about on MTS, it's not that (they love them here), TSM-TS3 conversions can't be hosted due to legal reasons, EA would sue.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 12:48 AM
I can't seem to find any forum that actually helps someone learn how to convert clothing! I am trying to get all of the Jacoban robes into the sims 3. Is anyone willing to do that themselves or teach how it's done?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
If you're talking about on MTS, it's not that (they love them here), TSM-TS3 conversions can't be hosted due to legal reasons, EA would sue.

Why is that?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 1:55 PM
I heard a rumour adout a sims 3 costume stuff pack, that could contain outfits directly imported from sims medieval if it is true.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 5:47 PM
I had refrained from posting to this thread hoping it would just die away, yet it continues. Is it not enough that complainers caused EA to kill our game, but now you come here to steal cvontent and to brag how EA has given it to you? Has anyone a heart, or am I just too sensitive?
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
I had refrained from posting to this thread hoping it would just die away, yet it continues. Is it not enough that complainers caused EA to kill our game, but now you come here to steal cvontent and to brag how EA has given it to you? Has anyone a heart, or am I just too sensitive?

I acturally like this game and I do not know if they would do that but it seems like something they would do and if any one noticed that they have taken cutscene pictures for the dragon fight for art work on sims 3.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 1:29 AM
It sort of bums me out. All this time they are putting into moving our good game over to TS3 could have been used to provide us a proper expansion pack. I mean, if only they would just give us one add on world that would be a real boost and it does not seem to me such a hard thing for the company to have done.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#12 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 9:34 AM
SirSlaughter, because EA are afraid that, if all the content from the 'mini games' (Stories, Medieval etc) is available for the main series, no-one will buy the mini games any more.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
SirSlaughter, because EA are afraid that, if all the content from the 'mini games' (Stories, Medieval etc) is available for the main series, no-one will buy the mini games any more.

True but I have noticed cutscene art from the game in pictures in deco. I think that some of the items included in barnacle day are from sims medieval. Decides most of the clothing and odjecrs for sims medieval are being converted to either TS2 and TS3 by creators anyway.

Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 11:38 AM
All of that is well and good, it would not bother me at all except our goose is cooked. If the game was not abandoned it could have been a healthy thing to share between the different sims versions. The way it is now, what is going to happen when everything TSM brought in has been converted and distributed even by EA, then what? Nothing new will be brought in for this game, they have abandoned it.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
All of that is well and good, it would not bother me at all except our goose is cooked. If the game was not abandoned it could have been a healthy thing to share between the different sims versions. The way it is now, what is going to happen when everything TSM brought in has been converted and distributed even by EA, then what? Nothing new will be brought in for this game, they have abandoned it.

I think of reasons why, some people me included have medieval themed sims games meaning that anything medieval is good. EA gave this game allot of hype and I do not think it made as much profit espically now that there so called adventure pack failed epically and I think they have made the game unplayable as I cannot load it atall .

Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#16 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:53 AM
Really? Wow that is an epic fail for sure. I have never had a problem loading it, but don't have TS3 so maybe there is a conflict somehow you need to resolve. I would be so upset if I shelled out what these games cost and could not run it. I just don't like TS3 at all, I suppose it is too alien to TS1 and TS2 both which I have and enjoy. I am however thinking of getting the base TS3 so I can use CAW because I am determined to somehow add the world they should have given us for TSM. It is specifically, I believe, due to the disappointment we all had whwn hints were dropped that led us to expect that and then Pirates and Nobles did not deliver that made it a commercial failure. All 3 of the previous Sims series have had them, why should the company treat us as the red-headed step child? In my opinion they have no right to complain, you do not deliver on what your customers have every reason to expect and you are bound to fail. Just a no brainer, it seems to me.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 10:50 PM
I am not sure what is apart from both sims 3 and sims medieval wo'nt load at all. I agree with you competely espically since P&N is a stuff pack not an adventure pack. I have had a infampus experaoince witth miss advertising when buying this game as the shop toldd me that you could more content if you brought the collectors additon and only to find out that it had the same amount of content as the limited edition had making us complain to EA adout it. For once it was not there fault but the retailer I got from, Game. In the end to make up for it they gave me the exiled prince, the black emporium and the signature edition for dragon age 2 for free, I thought free dragon age dlc for me!

Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#18 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 11:26 PM
I got the same promise about the CE, only to find out my friend who bought the LE had the same items as me. I was miffed for me, but happy for her, so it didn't bother me overly much, and I was able to run the base game without the disc in the drive which she couldn't do.

About your game problems. TSM installed without a problem on my main and 2nd computers, but my 3rd computer kept throwing up an error, it was a long time ago but I'm sure it turned out that it needed a specific version of the .net framework installed, and I'm fairly sure TS3 requires the same thing. But you did say load, not install, so it's probably not this causing your problems.

I noticed the TSM art in TS3 too, the group of paintings includes the dire Chinchilla art too, made me sad to see them there.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I got the same promise about the CE, only to find out my friend who bought the LE had the same items as me. I was miffed for me, but happy for her, so it didn't bother me overly much, and I was able to run the base game without the disc in the drive which she couldn't do.

About your game problems. TSM installed without a problem on my main and 2nd computers, but my 3rd computer kept throwing up an error, it was a long time ago but I'm sure it turned out that it needed a specific version of the .net framework installed, and I'm fairly sure TS3 requires the same thing. But you did say load, not install, so it's probably not this causing your problems.

I noticed the TSM art in TS3 too, the group of paintings includes the dire Chinchilla art too, made me sad to see them there.

So it seems like I was not the only one to fall for there tricks what would be weird if we got it from the store company. I have the game installed on another computer I have forgot to check if that one works . I am not sure what I need to make sims 3 but it did work for a little while when I patched it before crashing again. I asked Ea for help and they said that their content that is on my game did not cause all my problems with the game but when have they told the truth adout there content at times, they told me to reinstall all of the sims 3 games I own on my laptop.

This means I have a choice, due to the fact I have had many problems with sims 3 in the past that made me leave sims 3 alone for awhile whither or not it is worth me reinstalling sims 3. If I cannot fix sims medieval I will reinstall that as I do like the game for it's time period and other elements.

Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#20 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
So it seems like I was not the only one to fall for there tricks what would be weird if we got it from the store company. I have the game installed on another computer I have forgot to check if that one works . I am not sure what I need to make sims 3 but it did work for a little while when I patched it before crashing again. I asked Ea for help and they said that their content that is on my game did not cause all my problems with the game but when have they told the truth adout there content at times, they told me to reinstall all of the sims 3 games I own on my laptop.

This means I have a choice, due to the fact I have had many problems with sims 3 in the past that made me leave sims 3 alone for awhile whither or not it is worth me reinstalling sims 3. If I cannot fix sims medieval I will reinstall that as I do like the game for it's time period and other elements.

ROFL, we did! I buy most of my games from Game.

I had problems with TS3 on my main computer, but not on my other 2, or on my new one yet *cross fingers*. I prefer TSM though. I think TS3 should be awesome for all it contains but there seems to be something lacking from it that's there with TS1, TS2 and TSM but seems missing from TS3, I've called it 'soul' before, but I really don't know what it is. I'm looking forward to seeing what Uni is like though, it was my fave TS2 EP.

I hope you can get your games to run as they should *fingers crossed for you*
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
ROFL, we did! I buy most of my games from Game.

I had problems with TS3 on my main computer, but not on my other 2, or on my new one yet *cross fingers*. I prefer TSM though. I think TS3 should be awesome for all it contains but there seems to be something lacking from it that's there with TS1, TS2 and TSM but seems missing from TS3, I've called it 'soul' before, but I really don't know what it is. I'm looking forward to seeing what Uni is like though, it was my fave TS2 EP.

I hope you can get your games to run as they should *fingers crossed for you*

. I think that the graphics of sims medieval are acturally better than sims 3 and that game is scussful. I hope your game works to, I think what sims 3 lacks is a stable game even with none cc. I wish all the best with uni sims 3.

Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:16 PM
Perhaps if enough of us simmers post to these threads our interest in adding worlds to TSM then EA will release a World Editor to us for it, even if it were to be one that would only work with Pirates and Nobles installed this would be a wonderful release and I for one would even be willing to pay for that. It would not only breathe new life into the game, but if done that way it would increase sales of Pirates and Nobles too. I hope someone from EA will read this and please give it full consideration.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 9:11 AM
I hope so to and mayde give the free camera that has been in TS2 and TS3.

Nocturnal Dawn
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 6:04 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 4th Feb 2013 at 6:04 PM. Reason: typo
Oh yes, the camera would be great. Hey at this point anything that EA would do to show they still care about this game would be a relief.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 7:33 PM
True but let see what happens with this game and hopefully they will do something.

Nocturnal Dawn
Page 1 of 2