Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2016 at 7:13 PM
Default Why are sims so impatient in this EP?
Whenever my sim is invited downtown, the person that invited my sim will get impatient and then be furious with my sim before the taxi even arrives and a furious sim is not a pleasant thing
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2016 at 7:22 PM
This is a glitch, though the vanilla code does sometimes cut that taxi departure very fine. Someone's got a fix for it. It's not something I've had a consistent problem with, so I don't know who; ask in WCIF.

Sometimes the taxi just doesn't come. Usually, you can tell this is going to happen because you don't get the "a taxi's coming" dialog. When this does happen to me, I tell the sim in question to Walk to Lot and the outing shows up at the community lot with her, with no problem. This of course doesn't work if you don't have Bon Voyage or later installed. Until you find the fix, if you can't walk to lot, try calling a taxi immediately if you don't get a dialog box about the taxi coming. It's worth a shot.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2016 at 11:02 PM
I seem to remember something like this happening once (and I don't have Bon Voyage). I got a message that "you don't want to stand Sim [so & so] up?" or words to that effect. My Sim rang for a taxi immediately, and the other Sim was there when they got to the community lot. Unfortunately I can't remember the precise details, as it was quite a long time ago, and it only happened once. But I know no damage was done to their relationship. So yes Peni, it is worth phoning for a taxi.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th May 2016 at 11:06 PM
I never use that option. You are far safer sending your sim to a community lot and calling other sims from there. Your sim needs mobile/cell phone to do so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th May 2016 at 11:56 PM
There is a mod that auto calls the taxi when your sims accept the invite but I can not remember what or where it is.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2016 at 12:03 AM
The glitch generally arises when people call for first night outings, date follow-up outings, and so on, Jo. But you're absolutely right that if you like outings it is worth the investment in a cell phone so they can be called from the desired lot. For one thing, if you have the "walk to lot" feature you don't then have to waste time with the taxi to move the outing to another lot or to home.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th May 2016 at 12:28 AM
I never use a taxi, that involves ringing one up and I am far too lazy when walk to serves the function.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2016 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I never use a taxi, that involves ringing one up and I am far too lazy when walk to serves the function.

I would have thought getting a taxi was lazier than walking all the way. XD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2016 at 4:38 AM
Obviously there's a bus for long distances. But so often they're only going next door, anyway.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 11th May 2016 at 6:55 AM
Coral Bay only had a bus for the entire first generation, but since they now have a taxi I guess I better have some use it and perhaps do simsurgery on the taxi driver. It will make calling for a cab worth it.

Charity, ah yes, but it's not me doing the walking.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2016 at 8:32 AM
I had a weird thing recently - I got this call in a hood where there isn't even a Downtown attached! :o I did want to send my sim just to see what would happen but I was worried it might break the game.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:50 PM
You don't need a downtown for anything but the first night outing (which will not happen without a downtown attached). Random outings and date follow-up outings can easily go to other places besides downtown.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:02 PM
I find the impatient Sims annoying as well. You just CALLED my Sim, you stupid Sim My Sim can't teleport to a lot ... yet. And searching for this mod is proving irritating. I'm getting a whole lot of stuff Googling, but nothing near to this mod. I suppose I should check the usual spots ... Cyjon, Pescado (don't ask, though ... just look! ) , here, insimenator (in case Squinge came out with it), etc.

I'll try having the Sim walk there. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You don't need a downtown for anything but the first night outing (which will not happen without a downtown attached). Random outings and date follow-up outings can easily go to other places besides downtown.

The only times I get calls from other for going out IS if I have a Downtown. I rarely attach one to any Hoods.
I might put some community lots I've built a bit everywhere, but it is always me who must send my sims. They never get invited out.
So i dunno how to react to your post.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:12 PM
Random outing calls are rare and may be connected to having a downtown. Most of the outing calls I get are date follow-ups. Do your sims date much?

I believe that date follow-ups also have a random element, so most likely there's nothing significant about the difference between our games even if we date the same amount. Randomization being as it is.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:27 PM
No..my sims do not date much. You think it might be it huh...Possible.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th May 2016 at 2:59 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 11th May 2016 at 4:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
And searching for this mod is proving irritating. I'm getting a whole lot of stuff Googling, but nothing near to this mod. I suppose I should check the usual spots ... Cyjon, Pescado (don't ask, though ... just look! ) , here, insimenator (in case Squinge came out with it), etc.

I'll try having the Sim walk there. Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I do not think such a mod exists. I think we all want it to exist! But I do not believe it actually does. There are many threads across many fan-community sites about the issue and yet none of them mention any hack that addresses the issue. I have not ever seen that happen in a case in which a mod actually existed and was found later. I could be wrong, of course---it's pretty much impossible to prove anything as not existing, lol. But it sure has all the signs of being a mythological thing and not a real one.

The most useful thread I've found, meaning that it offers a few solutions (all in game) and precautions that seem actually to have worked for people, is this one .
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th May 2016 at 8:38 PM
It was almost definitely a date follow up in mine. But the message definitely says "Would you like to go Downtown?"

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th May 2016 at 8:56 PM
At least with the version of the game I have, yes the outing requests and date requests seem tied to Downtown. I've also added a second downtown to some neighborhoods before, where then the request becomes something like 'Hey I just found some nice paces in (Name of 2nd downtown),' and in the date request the date specifically asks if they want to go out again in that specific downtown.

While I was writing this, I also realized I haven't seen many of these lately, when I remembered when I'm able to play the game lately it's usually been a small neighborhood I don't have a downtown connected to.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2016 at 9:48 PM Last edited by gazania : 11th May 2016 at 9:58 PM.
I get the calls quite a bit, and I don't have any Downtowns. The calls do not mention any Downtowns; the caller either gives a general invitation or mentions my subhood. Maybe it's some sort of mod, or maybe the game is annoyed that I refuse to make Downtowns.

Back to the idea of walking there. If that Sim is going to be so rude, it can WAIT until my Sim meanders over there, thank you! Take your time, my Sim.

I read that thread again ... Thanks for referring to that link! I usually pause the game and teleport the Sim as fast as I can, or, using a hacked Christianlov phone, go to the lot and invite that Sim to that lot.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:06 PM
I get outing calls that specifically reference downtown, where only downtown or hobby lots for which the active sim holds cards are options. I also get outing calls that just ask if the active sim wants to go out, and allow him to choose from all available community lots. If an outing moves from the original downtown location, it has no restrictions - if the active sim is at University, he can take an outing's worth of non-YAs all around campus.

Some outings result from networking, some from following-up dates, some apparently out of the blue. When townies are involved, they are often social group sims. I bet some outings (like the first night outing) were original with NL, and are limited to downtown, but some were added with a later EP - probably AL - and those aren't limited to downtown.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:28 PM
I had this issue back when i only had Double Deluxe. It was pretty annoying. It stopped happening when I got the rest of the EPs, so I think it was later fixed. (Course, could've also been one of my five million hacks.)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I do not think such a mod exists. I think we all want it to exist!

You may be right, but I feel like I had the mod marka mentions. Sometimes useful things exist without it being widely known, I've come across several in my time. I am not 100% sure but I don't recall calling for a taxi when I accept outings anymore, as I recall it they show up automatically. But it's been a while so I'm not completely sure. Next time I play and someone offers one of my Sims an outing I'll try to remember to accept and see what happens.

I really should go over my mods again, and make a list of some sort that lists what each one does. Would be helpful in these situations.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th May 2016 at 10:54 PM
The taxi shows up automatically for outings, if the Sim is inviting a group or being invited to go out with a group - I play a lot of outings. (They can walk if they all start at a Sim's house, though, which means inviting a group home first, but sometimes one will get lost along the way )
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th May 2016 at 11:06 PM
It's supposed to, but the point is, it doesn't always; or the code that triggers the sim who called the outing to react to being stood up gets a premature reaction. That's the problem being addressed here.

Page 1 of 2