Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 4:15 AM Last edited by JusttRandom : 1st Sep 2018 at 4:52 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default *SOLVED* Cant remove CC
I've decided I wanted to remove all CC from my game and play vanilla and I've already gotten rid of the package files but when I go to the launcher to uninstall families and worlds and such it'll crash. What can I do about that?

edit: Thanks all. I still want to keep nraas but when I try and load the game nothing happens. I deleted the whole mods folder and it loaded. I put it back and it crashed again. Then I deleted the resource.cfg file and the game works but there's no nraas. How can I fix that?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:31 AM
Move the sims 3 folder to your desktop and let it regenerate a new one is the fastest, but if you have store stuff you would have to re download/ install it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Move the sims 3 folder to your desktop and let it regenerate a new one is the fastest, but if you have store stuff you would have to re download/ install it.

Thanks. I managed to get everything back but only after I deleted the resource.cfg file. I put it back and it crashed again when I tried to install the last item and when I tried to load the game. Any idea why? I tried repairing the game through origin but nothing. I played it two weeks ago and it was fine.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:33 PM
Just rename your sins3 folder to Sims3 old or something, and start the game. No need to clean up old stuff, if you want a vanilla game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:29 PM
Thanks all. I still want to keep nraas but when I try and load the game nothing happens. I deleted the whole mods folder and it loaded. I put it back and it crashed again. Then I deleted the resource.cfg file and the game works but there's no nraas. How can I fix that?
dodgy builder
#6 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JusttRandom
Thanks all. I still want to keep nraas but when I try and load the game nothing happens. I deleted the whole mods folder and it loaded. I put it back and it crashed again. Then I deleted the resource.cfg file and the game works but there's no nraas. How can I fix that?

As I said, just rename your sims 3 folder and install new nraas. Much easier and should work like a charm.

Unless it's a tiny comp you have, Sims 3 won't run on a potato. What computer do you have?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
As I said, just rename your sims 3 folder and install new nraas. Much easier and should work like a charm.

Unless it's a tiny comp you have, Sims 3 won't run on a potato. What computer do you have?

I have a windows 10
dodgy builder
#8 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JusttRandom
I have a windows 10

Windows 10 is an operating system.

Your computer might be an asus laptop and this I'm going to leave to someone else, because I'm sitting on a mobile atm.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Windows 10 is an operating system.

Your computer might be an asus laptop and this I'm going to leave to someone else, because I'm sitting on a mobile atm.

I've figured out the problem but thanks for trying to help.