Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10201 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 5:11 PM
There are ones where you can use an invisible seat to let sims sit on them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10202 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Wow! I remember that from the Star Trek episode. But, I've never seen it. I must have gotten the star trek stuff from the booty. It's worth doing a WCIF, though, don't you think? It would be cool to have.

I did a google search, but the guardian doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Of course google hates me, so I have to take that into consideration. I would post it on WCIF, but I can't post pics there. Would you mind posting it there for us? Maybe someone will have it in their game.

EDIT: Oh, look. I replied to myself. Is there no end to my brilliance? I meant this for @FranH

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#10203 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I'm still regularly surprised that those picnic tables with attached benches aren't in Sims 2. It's really odd that they never returned.

I think Leefish has functional picnic tables with attached benches available for download. But I get what you're saying... should've been EAxis content at some point.

Also, I was thinking... the basket from the grocery shopping interaction would be pretty close to what you'd need for a picnic basket. Minor recoloring and touch-ups would make it perfect. The other thing is, this would be an IDEAL way to get your picnic basket. Go to a downtown grocery store and pick one up to have in your inventory, to spawn the interaction. The thing I hate about grocery stores in TS2 is, you go to 1 kiosk, fill your basket, and check out. I'd rather the sims shopped around and got a little from here, a little from there... Everything you need to cook lobster thermidore is available in the refrigerator case... OR the stack of lettuce. Hmmm... At least this would make packing a picnic basket a reasonable function for going to the grocery store.

But anyway... your sim would need to be able to lay a picnic blanket on the ground and be able to eat from sitting indian style (or is that 'native American style'? I can't keep track). I dont believe there are currently any anims for that. Sunbathing anims and kiss/cuddle/make out anims from a laying position are already available.

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#10204 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 11:52 PM Last edited by FranH : 7th Jul 2019 at 12:05 AM.
@Smorbie: I will post it on WCIF, but I have very few hopes of anyone having ever seen it, let alone have it in their game.

Edit: posted with picture. Now let's see if anyone can recall having it.

Further edit: There appears to be an item here on MTS that Xanathon did a very long time ago:

http://modthesims.info/d/56274/test...ver-update.html

It's not the booty item, but it's darned close! I'ma gonna download it and test it out! (My google-fu is powerful tonight!)
Because I found it, I'm going to delete the WCIF.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10205 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Because I found it, I'm going to delete the WCIF.

Don't delete WCIFs. Leave them there so other people looking for the same thing can find it.

Functional Picnic Basket. https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...26552#msg726552
Field Researcher
#10206 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 5:17 PM
Not sure if I googled well enough, but would be nice if when restocking different recolors of the kite (for example), that you can only restock that same recolor. So like, if I put up a ladybug kite, and a fish kite for display, and then go to restock, only the ladybug will restock where I initially placed it (same with fish kite).

So like I can place my initial individual unique kites for display, but they will just get restocked with a bunch of fish kites for example if that's only what I recently crafted. (I mean it makes sense. And I know I can just replace kites manually, but it would be nice if it could be kinda automatic).

lol hope my weird wording makes sense. Idk how else to put it.
Mad Poster
#10207 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 9:36 PM
@FranH - Cool!!! One is as good as another if it's nonfunctional. And now it's in my game. :3. Whew, knowing I didn't have it was really messing with my OCD

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#10208 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Functional Picnic Basket. https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...26552#msg726552

Omigosh, that is amazing... I never would've found that on my own! I had trouble finding pictures of Rental Shack Jack, for pity's sake! Thank you, Charity! Cant wait to test that out!!

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#10209 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 1:12 AM
Espresso bars with food serving like those in TS3 UL and TS4 GT.
Mad Poster
#10210 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 2:44 AM
A mod that makes community lot fireplaces always be lit. It's annoying to send my sim on a date to a fancy restaurant and have to remember to go light the fireplace myself.
Alchemist
#10211 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:11 AM
Well, I'm not sure if any of Carrigon's fireplace mods would address that issue, as I cannot seem to find them on the internet anymore--maybe some simmers are willing to chime in/share their copies?

On the other hand, would Sunni's Kitchen Logs or Logs in Grate work? The description says they're deco lights with the fire fx: http://www.sunni.us/ss/amy/5.htm

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#10212 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
A mod that makes community lot fireplaces always be lit. It's annoying to send my sim on a date to a fancy restaurant and have to remember to go light the fireplace myself.

That's true... and they go out too quick. At the very least, have the Maitre d' be responsible for lighting and maintaining fires. I also hate that you cant set community lot jukeboxes to remember what station they were on. Red's Famous 50s Diner doesn't play the 50s station. I reset it to play the station every time i go in there, but next time i'm there, it's right back to salsa. I want salsa on my plate, next to my nachos... not in my ears!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#10213 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
@FranH - Cool!!! One is as good as another if it's nonfunctional. And now it's in my game. :3. Whew, knowing I didn't have it was really messing with my OCD

I've also found that you can place one of SimSlices 'teleportation' squares directly under that to make it appear that the person came through the portal. I've not tested it out yet, but thought you might like to experiment with the idea.

The only real problem is that both of them cost big simeoleons and perhaps having a community lot set up with them is a good idea.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10214 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 3:21 PM
GREAT idea! I will certainly try that. I always play with move objects on so that will be an easy thing to do. Thanks.

Forum Resident
#10215 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 4:57 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 8th Jul 2019 at 6:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Well, I'm not sure if any of Carrigon's fireplace mods would address that issue, as I cannot seem to find them on the internet anymore--maybe some simmers are willing to chime in/share their copies?

On the other hand, would Sunni's Kitchen Logs or Logs in Grate work? The description says they're deco lights with the fire fx: http://www.sunni.us/ss/amy/5.htm

Sounds like the best option for a community lot would be those Kitchen Logs/Logs in Grate---if they work like deco lights in that they will automatically come on when the room is occupied. I'll check it out in my game later.

From the description of Carrigon's Forever Burn mod that was pasted to this thread, it sounds like you still have to light the fireplace first, but at least it would stay lit. And I did find a copy of that Carrigon mod! The late, lamented Sunni over at PBK shared a link to a Mediafire download to it, halfway down this page. (She tried a few times to link it, so the working link is her third post on the page; the correct hotlink reads Download Here.)

The one other mod I know about that extends fireplace burning duration is probably more involved than most would want to get. It's PBK's Functional Fires mod, which is the second one down on this page. Functional Fires is a global mod and, along with extending burning time to 8 hours for all fireplaces, also makes them require logs or branches to start; those logs come from PBK's All Fired Up mod (top mod on that page)---which is why I say it gets involved.

On the other hand, it's a longer burning time without making the fire unusually attractive to sims, if that's a problem with Carrigon's mod. And the set has some nice new log/fireplace/grate options.

In case anyone's interested in Functional Fires anyway...

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#10216 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:45 PM
The reason I was interested in a community lot fireplace mod was that I use Simler90's Romantic Standards mod, which gives romantic actions a slightly higher chance for success if the sims are near a lit fireplace. I recently sent a pair of sims on a date to a nice restaurant (slightly modified version of Maxis' "Londoste" from NL) which has 2 fireplaces. It's not really that much trouble to light them myself - it would just be a bit more convenient if they were already lit. I have Richi3frog's community lot aquarium mod and thought it would be nice if there were something similar for community lot fireplaces.

I'm going to try Carrigon's mod. That should keep the fireplaces burning for as long as my sims are at the restaurant. I'm also eager to test this with the hotels in Three Lakes. Thanks very much for the links.
Forum Resident
#10217 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:57 PM
You're very welcome.

You know, I have never tried out Romantic Standards yet, so I had no idea. That's a nice touch in the mod!

Please let us know how Carrigon's mod works for you? And...if you're inclined and think it's worthwhile, it might be nice if you don't mind keeping a copy in a safe place too, just in case the version Sunni linked somehow goes no longer available.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Alchemist
#10218 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Would love to see a posebox or a tiny mod where only the sims' eyes move in the direction you want them to, or follow you wherever you move the camera. It's been a thorn in my side ever since I started posing for photo shoots that if I wanted my sims to look at a certain angle without moving their head I had to repeat the same animation and do some camera acrobatics if that makes sense .

It's been a while since I worked with pose boxes and such, but try using the freezer clock and the 'Look at Me Now' mod. I have vague recollections of using those to get sims to look in a specific direction, but again, it's been a while so I'm not 100%. I believe though, that if a sim is frozen, only their eyes move when you select "Look at Me Now".

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#10219 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
It's been a while since I worked with pose boxes and such, but try using the freezer clock and the 'Look at Me Now' mod. I have vague recollections of using those to get sims to look in a specific direction, but again, it's been a while so I'm not 100%. I believe though, that if a sim is frozen, only their eyes move when you select "Look at Me Now".

I actually have that mod! It's been a huge help but iirc sometimes it wouldn't work with certain poses or if I freeze them with the clock then everything will be grayed out. Once I start posing again I'll know for sure. I was thinking of a mod more along the lines of whenever you move/rotate the camera their eyes are the only thing that moves, I recall I have another posebox where the sim's head follows you around but at a slower pace (it's creepy so I don't use it ).

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#10220 Old 9th Jul 2019 at 4:02 PM
It'd be cool to create an option on the phone to call a one-time cleaning service. With a wedding on Saturday and Family Day on Sunday, Agnarsson Prime is totally trashed. It's going to take the four sims there all day to get it cleaned up. Be cool if you could call up a van with two or three maids to do it for you.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#10221 Old 10th Jul 2019 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
It'd be cool to create an option on the phone to call a one-time cleaning service. With a wedding on Saturday and Family Day on Sunday, Agnarsson Prime is totally trashed. It's going to take the four sims there all day to get it cleaned up. Be cool if you could call up a van with two or three maids to do it for you.

I wonder if you could use the nanny scheduling 'just for now'.
Test Subject
#10222 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 4:59 PM
I wish you could call the police for stuff other than burglars. For example, if a kid sees their parents arguing and fighting, they can call the police and charge one of the parents (or both) with domestic battery and send them to jail for a period of time.
Another example, if you see someone kicking your trashcan outside, stealing your newspaper or stealing gnomes, you can call the police and have them arrested. Or, again, if a sim it's harrassing your family or one of the members (what usually happens if your sim has a very bad relationship with another) and usually does one of the things mentioned in my second example, I wish you could call the police on them and give them a restraining order.
By the way, some of the comments are pretty sick :/ just saying. I hope that what stays in the game, stays in the game, if you know what I mean...
Mad Poster
#10223 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Please let us know how Carrigon's mod works for you? And...if you're inclined and think it's worthwhile, it might be nice if you don't mind keeping a copy in a safe place too, just in case the version Sunni linked somehow goes no longer available.

I tested the mod on all available Maxis fireplaces in various Downtown community lots and it seems to work just fine with all of them in my game. I don't have any CC fireplaces to test it with. The mod did not work with the University bonfire or the Bon Voyage campfire, but that's understandable since they're not categorized as "fireplaces".

I haven't tried the mod with a hotel lot yet, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. It just makes fireplaces stay eternally lit and doesn't seem to care what type of lot the fireplace is on.

I'll hang onto the file, but really the best way to ensure that the mod remains accessible is for lots of people to have copies of it.
Undead Molten Llama
#10224 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I'll hang onto the file, but really the best way to ensure that the mod remains accessible is for lots of people to have copies of it.

Reupload out the wazoo, is my opinion, for stuff made by creators who aren't creating anymore either because they've moved on with their life or because they've passed away.

Were you able to keep community lot fireplaces burning without the lots being owned? I'm not entirely sure I'm remembering right, but I think when I tried it, it'd only stay lit if the lot was owned and the owner (or a member of their household) lit the fireplace. But like I said, I'm not sure I actually tested this or if I just assumed that the lot would have to be owned for the fire to stay lit, since community lots don't save from visit to visit.

But I can confirm that the mod works on custom fireplaces, including those that are categorized in the buy-mode Appliance category instead of the build-mode fireplaces category. I use buy mode fireplaces more than build-mode ones sometimes.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10225 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 8:36 PM
And along the lines of ZxAmeranth: I wish for a mod that would let your dog attack burglars, thieves, etc. But even a naturally mean dog, if encouraged to be mean, won't do anything to those intruders, only to his own family and the random passer-by! Especially if he has a JOB in security, he should be able to be trained to attack! And by the way, don't you just hate that Maxis thought all strays should be mean and dirty!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 409 of 582