Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#10226 Old 11th Jul 2019 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxAmaranthiumxX
By the way, some of the comments are pretty sick :/ just saying. I hope that what stays in the game, stays in the game, if you know what I mean...

Actually, I, for one, really have NO idea what you mean. But I am kinda curious...

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And along the lines of ZxAmeranth: I wish for a mod that would let your dog attack burglars, thieves, etc. But even a naturally mean dog, if encouraged to be mean, won't do anything to those intruders, only to his own family and the random passer-by! Especially if he has a JOB in security, he should be able to be trained to attack! And by the way, don't you just hate that Maxis thought all strays should be mean and dirty!

"Attack" should have been a command dog owners could issue to their pets... especially aggressive ones and, like you said, security dogs. Dogs should operate along the lines of Sentry-Bots. If a malcontent enters the property, the dog should protect it, if properly trained to do so. Seeing as how the coding already exists in the form of the Sentry-Bot, i wonder how difficult it would be to transfer that to a dog skill... But i still think owners should be able to command proficiently trained pets to attack, as well. They may not be kicking your gnome or your trash can, or stealing your newspaper. But they might just be irritating A-Holes that you don't want hanging around. ...or as a very Mr. Burns-ian way to 'hint' to invited guests that their presence is no longer welcome. "Release the hounds!!"

-gE
>=)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10227 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Were you able to keep community lot fireplaces burning without the lots being owned? I'm not entirely sure I'm remembering right, but I think when I tried it, it'd only stay lit if the lot was owned and the owner (or a member of their household) lit the fireplace. But like I said, I'm not sure I actually tested this or if I just assumed that the lot would have to be owned for the fire to stay lit, since community lots don't save from visit to visit.

But I can confirm that the mod works on custom fireplaces, including those that are categorized in the buy-mode Appliance category instead of the build-mode fireplaces category. I use buy mode fireplaces more than build-mode ones sometimes.

I only tested it on non-owned community lots. I was mostly interested in restaurants, hotels, etc. and all the Maxis fireplaces stayed burning for hours. I had the test sim visit a lot, maxed his needs, and switched windows to read blogs, catch up on e-mail, etc. Every time, the fireplace was still burning sim-hours later when I got back. Obviously on an un-owned lot, the fireplace will have to be re-lit every time a playable visits, but that's only a minor annoyance.

I don't know if I'd want a fireplace on an owned business lot with this mod running. The readme says that since the fire never goes out, any sim "viewing" the fire may well get stuck that way for hours. I haven't played with fireplaces much before now, so if the "view" action is non-autonomous it might be okay.
Field Researcher
#10228 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 7:34 PM
I really do like this mod (http://modthesims.info/d/494515). Just had some issues with the nanny showing up late because they think the kids will still be in school most of the day (for example: they come at 3 pm when kids normally get out of school, instead of 9 am when the parents leave for work, because they don't realize the kids will actually be home all morning, too). Been having to use the just for now option. Kind of a pain when two nannies end up showing up for an hour because the other one was following your schedule already. Also Idk if possible, but would be nice if somehow you could make it when kids are calling other kids to come over to play during summer break, that they don't get the "they're in class unlike SOMEBODY I know" message, even though it was summer/break in their household, too.
Forum Resident
#10229 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 3:36 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 15th Jul 2019 at 3:40 AM. Reason: just realized I was in a thread with other posts I wanted to address
Thank you, RoxEllen, for posting about your experiences with Carrigon's Forever Burn mod! Hm, I thought View was autonomous on fireplaces, but it's been a while since I had a household with a fireplace and free-ranged sims.

@TheDraizeTrain, the mod link you provide is broken for me, but I'm curious about which you mean!

Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
It'd be cool to create an option on the phone to call a one-time cleaning service. With a wedding on Saturday and Family Day on Sunday, Agnarsson Prime is totally trashed. It's going to take the four sims there all day to get it cleaned up. Be cool if you could call up a van with two or three maids to do it for you.

Been several days since you mentioned this, but in case it helps, christianlov's All-in-One NPC/Nanny would probably be perfect for what you're looking for. I described it in detail in this post, starting about midway down.

That post was written in response to a different kind of usage wish, so I'll just summarize a little here and you can read it for more details...

Basically, you put up as many of his hacked paintings as you want housekeepers to come (they use his revamped logic, better than the Maxis maid). Each painting controls one of his special NPCs and will create one if there aren't already any to spare, but it's also possible to assign your existing playables (from other households) or townies to show up instead to do the work. (Let me know if you want more details on that, especially if you want it done in a way that only one of the christianlov NPCs will be added to your hood---although because they are safe to marry and play, I've always been fine with having more than one.)

Make sure you turn off the option (I think it's off by default, but you should check) to pay the NPCs/temporary NPCs through the painting and also don't try to schedule their shift; those things don't work in the UC and can cause odd errors. You don't need to schedule them to have them come; as long as it's between 5am and 11pm, they'll show up when the painting is placed and leave when it's deleted. (Not when they're finished with work---you will actually have to delete each painting or just click Remove Schedule on each.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Mad Poster
#10230 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
Thank you, RoxEllen, for posting about your experiences with Carrigon's Forever Burn mod! Hm, I thought View was autonomous on fireplaces, but it's been a while since I had a household with a fireplace and free-ranged sims.

I haven't actually used fireplaces regularly in a very long time, so I don't really know whether "viewing" lit fireplaces is autonomous or not. During testing, I noticed the "view" option and directed the test sim to do it, but I don't know if he would have done that on his own. I think I did see one of the other sims in the restaurant "poke" the fireplace on their own, but I wasn't really observing what the sims were doing. Mostly I just surfed around on the web, checked email, etc. for several minutes and then checked back to make sure the fire was still burning.

I'll have to try this again and watch whether or not the sims interact with the fireplace on their own.
Forum Resident
#10231 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 3:23 PM
Have people run out of ideas for hacks & cc that they'd like to see? Is 10,421 the limit?? Now everyone's just sitting around scratching their heads and saying, "well... i guess that about covers it!" haha. This is the first time since it was posted, that i've noticed this thread fall off the first page!

I suppose if Maxis put the band back together and gave us these 10,421 ideas, it'd probably keep us busy for a little while longer. =)

-gE
>=)
Instructor
#10232 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 3:36 PM Last edited by MattGo74 : 20th Jul 2019 at 9:48 PM.
One to turn off autonomous splashing in hot tubs. One to get rid of certain wants - all vacation ones, all backrub ones, all dance ones and influence to do assignment in college. I do have a "no influence wants" one, so apparently the creator of the mod didn't have University.
One to get rid of the dogs barking in the background constantly from Pets. That was honestly the worst EP. I think it was pretty much done half-assed only because players kept asking for it. Most other EPs had a lot of consent besides what was in the name but that one really didn't, except that silly stuff that had the theme of what they thought now would look like in the 1950s.
Alchemist
#10233 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:32 AM
I'd like to see a mod like Out With the Bathwater/Water Required For Baths/Showers, but for cooking. So that in order to use the stove or grill, sims need wood or coal in their inventory or in a stockpile on the lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#10234 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 3:57 AM
An update to the visitor controller. One where you could block skin and hair colors (to force certain sims to be the new lover.) Sometimes I want the eventual spouse to be white with blonde or red hair, sometimes I want them to be black (I rarely match black sims with black townies/downtownies - usually any non-white is matched with white, but not always - black with asian and such plus what happens in the game..
Alchemist
#10235 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 4:00 AM
@MattGo74, why don't you use Inge's colored keys for that? http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_ColorKeys.htm

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#10236 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:33 PM
FYI, I have not found that the VC always properly recognizes Inge's keys; in fact, I'm not sure it actually recognizes them at all, because when I tried it to separate out which subhoods' residents could show up on which community lots (so if you lived in X subhood you got one color of key, if you lived in Y subhood you got a different color, etc., and then all community lots were set to ban different combinations based on which activities I thought sims would/wouldn't travel for from their home subhoods), I ended up having to pretty much ban instead by specific sims (for each community lot, ugh) to get it done in the end.

But that's just my experience, and that was the only time I tried extensively to make it work. It's still possible I had a mod conflict that caused the issue; nothing reported by HCDU, certainly, but still possible.

In my game now, I also often need particular sims to know particular other sims, though for different reasons than matchmaking/genetics. I've made it part of gameplay that I try to have other sims (who may know both the sims who need to meet) host dinners/parties/outings to get those two sims (among others) together. But that...is really more of a playstyle thing for me, and it's also a commitment to get into playing that way.

So Matt, the only other slightly helpful mod I can think of for this might possibly be TwoJeff's Find-a-Mate Crystal Ball; it does cost 1000 simos under Misc/Misc, but you can delete it after use, and uses are unlimited and free after you buy it. Set the options (allow/exclude certain ages and statuses [playable/townie/NPC], allow/exclude sims currently in a relationship or with currently incorrect gender preference for the selected sim) and then it will show you your sim's 5 best-chemistry matches and immediately teleport in the one you click on. But...only 5, which may not be helpful to you---especially if chemistry happens not to be of importance to you anyway.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Instructor
#10237 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:35 PM
The other thing was they never set it to be able to ban social groups sims (or specific social groups of them)
Theorist
#10238 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:42 PM
You could use Inge's teleporter to teleport the future spouse you want onto the lot. Would that help?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#10239 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 8:59 PM
I don't look for a specific Sim, just a set of looks (I can change the personality and such with what I have, but you can't change genetics except maybe with SimPE, and it's not that easy - if it even works now.
Theorist
#10240 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 10:30 PM
Oh it's really easy to change genetics with Simpe, I do it all the time to add recessive genes to premades, for example and it definitely works.

Just the same as always, select the Sim then go to "More" in the plugin view and there will be Change Sim DNA and there you can change the code for hair, skin and eye colour.
To get the Skin and eye colour to change on the current Sim you'll have to edit the character file, which is also pretty easy:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...161#post4756161

Alchemist
#10241 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 10:53 PM
You know what, now that I think about it, it's not the first time I've heard of simmers having problems with getting the colored keys to work with the VC. I wonder why--perhaps compatibility was lost in a later update? I too would like to add social groups to the ban list, but tbh, I'd like to add the burglar more. No idea how that npc escaped the ban list.

Anyway, if it's just looks you need, @MattGo74, you can use hacks to see/call every sim in the hood. Christianlov's multiphone and Phaenoh's phonebook will list all sims in the hood available to call, with the multiphone letting you call them. Gameplay/storywise, you can come up with reasons to explain the cheat object away.

For example, I'm placing the phonebook in my city hall/civic center, in a kind of records room. Sims will be able to go there and by "researching the town records", they'll be able to find out contact info about a sim.

For the multiphone, I think I might use the matchmaker, a little bit like natboopsie suggested. Although you can use the find a mate crystal ball, I usually find it a bit lacking. So instead I'll probably have a sim play matchmaker, most likely a witch, and have the sim use their "magic" to find a suitable sim for the customer--in this case the magic will be either the multiphone or the phonebook, and then I'll use apello simae to summon the sim over.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#10242 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 10:58 PM
I have the Insiminator and it has the summoner that can summon (almost) any sim - the ones it can't are generally problem sims.
Forum Resident
#10243 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:22 AM
I would love for well-told jokes to actually increase the listener's Fun, and for backrubs to increase the receiving sim's Comfort. (Possibly depending on Body skill of the rubbing sim?)

Always puzzled me that they seemed to have no such effects. (Yeah, I know...they're socials. But still!)

Instructor
#10244 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 3:08 AM
One there was before - I think on the MATY site - no townie children. It made it so they never generated or regenerated (it made either adults or teens instead.) Townie children are useless. I always kill.
Mad Poster
#10245 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 8:49 AM
for backrubs to increase the receiving sim's Comfort. (Possibly depending on Body skill of the rubbing sim?)

Wait, it doesn't? I never actually checked, but I always presumed that it did, because why wouldn't it?
Forum Resident
#10246 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:30 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 26th Jul 2019 at 2:05 PM. Reason: typo
Right? I remember the first time I tried to have a pregnant sim's spouse give her a backrub...and being so disappointed that it didn't help the pregnant one at all. Then I even tried with several other sims in different pair-ups (actually hoped it was the Body skill, or thought maybe Romance sims might be able to do it as part of seduction).

I did similar futile exploration early on with Tell Joke, sigh.

So yeah, tragically, no. Though I'm really glad you said that, actually---maybe no one's ever thought to mod for it just because so few have noticed? It seems like exactly the sort of thing that Pescado's crew would have done, for example, or that Squinge would have done in a heartbeat, in response to a request.

Instructor
#10247 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 12:42 AM
One where you could choose the gender of the baby when it's born rather than it be "random." So you don't have to sometimes exit without saving and try again numerous times. It would let you pick from "boy", "girl" or "random."
Alchemist
#10248 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 8:53 PM
not entirely sure, but gender choosing of unborn sims may require changes to the source code.

I heard that Sims3's base game that players could influence the gender of unborn sims. 2 different types of ingredients; one for male, the other for female. I do not remember which ingredients.
Theorist
#10249 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
not entirely sure, but gender choosing of unborn sims may require changes to the source code.

I heard that Sims3's base game that players could influence the gender of unborn sims. 2 different types of ingredients; one for male, the other for female. I do not remember which ingredients.

yes in Sims 3 you can influence the sex of a baby by eating certain fruits (I think it was apples for boy?). But in Sims 3 the sex is also set during the pregnancy and by the time the Sim gives birth, the baby's sex is set in stone. You can save and reload right before the Sim pulls a bicycle out of her bottom and drives to the hospital all you want, but you'll always get the same sex.

Undead Molten Llama
#10250 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 11:36 PM
I would love for well-told jokes to actually increase the listener's Fun, and for backrubs to increase the receiving sim's Comfort. (Possibly depending on Body skill of the rubbing sim?)

Always puzzled me that they seemed to have no such effects. (Yeah, I know...they're socials. But still!)

The backrub thing would be really nice, yeah. At least the massage table from BV increases Comfort, though. I just don't often have room in my Sims' houses for them because I tend to build small. Sure, I could have them go to a community lot with a massage table, but it's usually easier to have them just take a bubble bath.

Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
One there was before - I think on the MATY site - no townie children. It made it so they never generated or regenerated (it made either adults or teens instead.) Townie children are useless. I always kill.

You do like killing Sims, don't you? I'm starting to wonder about you... (Note: That was friendly teasing. I don't seriously wonder about you at all. )

But also seriously: Townie children are useful if you have playable children, so that they can have some friends. Sure, they can befriend other playable children, too, but not everyone plays multiple households but even if you do, it can be useful to have new genes to inject, if you only have a few playable households and they don't all have a lot of kids. So yeah, that's their purpose. Also, you can age them up along with your playables if you have Freetime, so they are not only friends for your born-in-game spawn but also possible mates when they grow up. It can be kind of cute for a Sim to marry their childhood friend. Well, I think so, anyway.

I'm actually disappointed that the game will never spawn more townie children, once the original ones have been grown up/moved in. It'd be even nicer if the game would grab the genes from two random townies to create such townie children, and give them the last name of one of the "donors," to continue the townie surnames in the neighborhood. I've always wondered if that sort of thing would even be possible in the game, but even if it is it would be way beyond my own modding capabilities.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 410 of 580