Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:03 PM
Default Books working as an actual bookshelf?
Hi everyone!

For a few days I've been working on the idea of making books (so a mesh of books) that could be placed on shelves, end tables, etc... that work like bookshelves. I've succeeded in getting my mesh to be fully functional yet there remains a big problems: Sims get a routing issue when trying to pick up a book to read.

I've tried a thousand different ways to set up my routing slot, footprint options, etc... And so far, nothing as worked =/

So I now turn to you in the hope that someone may have an idea as to what to do next. I attached 2 screenshots to this post of the set up of my Footprint options & my Routing slot. I'm pretty aware that there might be no fixing this but I really want to try everything before giving up!

Thanks in advance and have a nice day guys.
Screenshots
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:19 PM
Crack this open and take a look at it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=404349

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Crack this open and take a look at it: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=404349

Thanks! I suppose that answers my "no fix possible" without your version. Would you mind if I used it as a base for the books I wanted to use? (with credit, obviously)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 6:56 PM
Sure, thanks for asking. The good thing about it is they have a slot, so things can be placed on them and they are stackable.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Sure, thanks for asking. The good thing about it is they have a slot, so things can be placed on them and they are stackable.

Thank you very much for allowing me to use the mod. If you're interested, you can find what I did with it here.