7 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9101 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:53 AM
Wait, the water tower spawns a floating pig?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9102 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:37 AM
Yes, a floating pig balloon with soulless eyes. It haunts my dreams.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#9103 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Something to kill the floating pig from spawning from the water tower.

I figure if it were doable, everybody and their grandkid would have it.
I've never paid attention to the water tower. It's just hood deco, right? If so, making a version that didn't spawn a pig would be an easy fix.
Mad Poster
#9104 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:22 PM
I'm sure someone has already done it, but I can't remember who.
Mad Poster
#9105 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 11:34 PM
I once looked up to see a huge hot air balloon in the shape of a kilted highlander, complete with bagpipes, floating over our (Real Life) town. So I scarcely raise an eyebrow at the sight of a pink pig-shaped gas balloon, with its mooring ropes trailing, drifting above downtown Veronaville.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9106 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 11:45 PM
I have a dragon in my medieval game, but I'm not sure it's a replacement of the water tower or something else, could be the blimp. But since I do have one, the water tower could be done. I know there is a tea kettle replacement for the tower, I saw that on Jessa's let's Play. Not sure if the pig was still a part of it or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#9107 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:11 AM
You MUST tell me where the dragon came from.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9108 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:19 AM
Probably PBK. I get most of my medieval stuff from there.

It says Mortia blimpDR dragon on the file
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9109 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Bubblebeam : 12th Oct 2018 at 4:07 AM.
^- Here

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#9110 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:40 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 12th Oct 2018 at 11:52 AM.
A new death: choking hazard. A rare way to die (consuming action gets cancel, a sim stands up and animation of disease death is played) for a sim whilst they're eating, higher odds If the slobbier sim is or/and the food is spoiled.

*Tries to remember the next idea that isn't atrocious, but to no avail* ETA: Gosh darnit, but I remember it was something handy. Oh I remember, a life skill for "self-defense" that enables a playable sim to fight off when a burglar intrudes ; just like there's a book for learning fire prevention, there should be one for sim to learn to prepare in another different emergency which is the burglary.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#9111 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A new death: choking hazard. A rare way to die (consuming action gets cancel, a sim stands up and animation of disease death is played) for a sim whilst they're eating, higher odds If the slobbier sim is or/and the food is spoiled.

There should be an option for any sim that sees it to do the Heimlich Manoeuvre then.
Lab Assistant
#9112 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:28 PM
I want a Mod that can give you the ability to create any object from buy mode.
In other words you would either use Mech, Logic, Creativity, or cleaning. To build a specific item.

Example.

Cleaning - for Bathroom and Kitchen.

Mech- Electronics

Logic+ mech for cars.

Creativity for decorative.

The higher your skill the less likely the object will break.

I've been wanting something like this for years.

Maxis kinda had the idea for making pots and fixing cars.
But they never thought about making items directly from buy mode.
Mad Poster
#9113 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:15 PM
Forum Resident
#9114 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:16 PM
I always wanted "tinkering" to have some positive effect. As it stands now, my sims just tinker til they break shit, then they have to fix it and get more mechanical points. I had hoped that maybe it would unlock some cool modifications of a tinkered object, or increase its functionality or something...

Examples:

- tinker with the radio, maybe it adds +fun
- tinker with the car, some cool customizations?
- tinker with the shower, better +hygiene score
- tinker with the stove, better +cooking score
Tinkering with objects could give them +room, +fun, maybe you could unlock a cool new tv station or a radio station, or hack a computer game? Maybe you'd get some weird new lights exuding from your sound system, or some interesting, albeit minor little upgrade to something's appearance. It would've made tinkering so much more rewarding, if it had any result other than fiddling with something til you bust it!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#9115 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:40 PM
For what it matters, in the Sims 3 you can upgrade objects for specific reasons, like the cheap dishwashers to run more quietly, or the stereo to pipe music to every room in the house (though this was a bit annoying as it would wake up Sims).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#9116 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jasmini
I want a Mod that can give you the ability to create any object from buy mode.
In other words you would either use Mech, Logic, Creativity, or cleaning. To build a specific item.

Example.

Cleaning - for Bathroom and Kitchen.

Mech- Electronics

Logic+ mech for cars.

Creativity for decorative.

The higher your skill the less likely the object will break.

I've been wanting something like this for years.

Maxis kinda had the idea for making pots and fixing cars.
But they never thought about making items directly from buy mode.

I've always wanted something similar to that. I've wanted appliances to just wear out. The repairman could come over and say, "i tried, but it's time for a new one". There would be a random chance the car wouldn't start. The sim could build mechanical skill by working under the hood. Then there would come a day when the car would just not run anymore at all

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#9117 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
the stereo to pipe music to every room in the house (though this was a bit annoying as it would wake up Sims).

Well it is a "feature" in TS2. That glitch makes sims dance to music from the four floor.

Speaking of music and customers that shouldn't be hogging the instruments on my lot, I wish there was an interaction to "Shoo" sims from those items. or equivalent from TS3 "stop doing that". As well "stop that - let me play" to continue efficient flow.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#9118 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 5:14 PM
Oh! Smorbie! There you are!! I thought you'd died! Glad to see you're still alive! Welcome back! =)

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#9119 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:16 PM
Toddlers are left out when it comes to snacks. I would love to see them be able to eat a cookie or smaller versions of fruits without having to sit in a highchair. Since not all toddlers are taught to walk, the sitting animation where they 'chew' on their hand or fingers might work for this. Maybe the snack could be picked up from a coffee table specially made to hold their snacks. I'm not a creator and have no idea if this would work or not. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#9120 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:28 PM
about sims creating any Buy Mode object, might be possible through new versions OFB's crafting stations. I take enter the GUIDs into a certain BCON.
Mad Poster
#9121 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Speaking of music and customers that shouldn't be hogging the instruments on my lot, I wish there was an interaction to "Shoo" sims from those items. or equivalent from TS3 "stop doing that". As well "stop that - let me play" to continue efficient flow.

I thought it was possible to get sims off of instruments by either calling them over or simply having a selected sim attempt to use the instrument. It's been a while since I tried it - am I misremembering it?
Mad Poster
#9122 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 12:42 AM
For me, Entertain > Joke usually works to get sims off instruments, etc.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9123 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Toddlers are left out when it comes to snacks. I would love to see them be able to eat a cookie or smaller versions of fruits without having to sit in a highchair. Since not all toddlers are taught to walk, the sitting animation where they 'chew' on their hand or fingers might work for this. Maybe the snack could be picked up from a coffee table specially made to hold their snacks. I'm not a creator and have no idea if this would work or not. (:

Well they can eat from pet bowls-although it looks a bit too 'enthusiastic' for snack eating. Maybe something could be done with that, with the animations changed.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9124 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 15th Oct 2018 at 3:19 AM.
No idea if this would be possible, but I'd love to see a mod that pushed any currently uncontrolled sim who had just completed a painting to sell said painting and get any associated money and memories. Having my playable hanging out on the Arts & Crafts lot and selling a painting that someone else left hanging on the easel and thus raking in a significant chunk of ill-gotten money as well as a completely bogus "painted a masterpiece" memory is, well, pretty cheaty.
Mad Poster
#9125 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 9:41 PM
When you mention something in this thread, and then a few days later someone makes it! I doubt very much her work had anything to do with my wish, but still . . . it's been a rough year, and this just made my day.

http://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com/...rerelease-fixed

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 365 of 580