Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 11:12 PM Last edited by heaven : 15th Jan 2012 at 4:38 PM.
Default MTS Official 2012 Calendar Contest: TS3 - Winners Announced
Official MTS 2012 Calendar Contest: The Sims 3
Use your creativity to showcase your sims in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a scene with sims in it representing the "feel" of a particular month. Have the family gathered for Christmas dinner? Take a picture! Beach party in June? Please use northern hemisphere seasons.

Rules
1. 1 picture per entry. You may only enter a month one time but may enter 2 separate months.
2. Only 15 entrants per month. Please no place holders. Each spot is only filled once the picture has been submitted.
3. CC is allowed. However, please make sure to follow MTS rules for CC; no pay content.
4. Pictures must be 1000 (width) x 750 (height).
5. No photo editing.
6. When posting your picture, please make sure to include the month it belongs to.
7. Sims 3 only. For Sims 2 version, please go here

How to Enter
1. Pick a month and take a picture to represent that month.
2. Upload the picture to any image host - Tinypic, Photobucket, Flickr, or ModYourPanties
3. Start a new post on this thread - click Go Advanced, and you can click the little "Insert Image" icon in the toolbar, or just copy-paste the image location into some [img] tags. Make sure to include which month your picture is for.
4. Submit your post - doing so will submit your entry.

Duration/Time Period
The contest begins December 1st, as soon as this is posted. Contestants will have until December 28th to post pictures. However, if a month fills up before that date, that month will be closed for new entries and judging.

Contestants
15 per month maximum

Judging
Judging will be done by MTS Staff

Scoring
Theme – 10 points Does your picture represent the month you chose?
Creativity – 10 points Originality of idea
Style – 10 points Use of space, props, is it pretty?
Rules – 3 points CC adherence, no editing, inclusion of month
This is 33 points x 3 judges will be a maximum of 99 points per entry.

Prizes
Each month in 2012, the corresponding winning image will be posted in site news.
Also, a calendar will be made for download with each winning month.
And, of course, the blue ribbons for each month’s winner.

Chat Thread
If you don’t get a spot in your month, or want to post for more than the allowed amount of months, or just want to chat about the entries, please post in our Chat Thread!

The picture you post will be your final shot - make it good. Posting a random picture of a christmas tree, easter bunny, yourself, etc to reserve a spot is not allowed and it will be deleted. If you want to post pictures like that, please see the chat thread linked above.

Once your post has been added to the table, it may not be changed. Do not change the picture, you may not delete it and enter a new month instead, etc. If you choose to delete your entry, you are removing yourself from the contest and no further entries will be permitted from you.

If anyone is notified that they have used pay content, their entries will be disqualified. The spots they had will NOT be held.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:31 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 11th Dec 2011 at 2:58 AM.
Entry #2 (June):

Name: Approaching the island, as the sun rises overhead

Attached files:
File Type: rar  july calendar 3.rar (166.6 KB, 61 downloads) - View custom content

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:50 PM Last edited by heaven : 1st Dec 2011 at 4:51 PM.
Riptide, please refer to the "How to Enter" section above to see how to attach an inline picture and edit your posts. If they are not entered properly, they will not count.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Site Helper
#5 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 7:55 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 1st Dec 2011 at 8:06 PM.
Default June
June

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Luckk : 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:07 AM.
July
Edit: Okay, added a fix

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 9:52 PM
Luckk - your picture is 1000x700. You wouldn't happen to have an uncropped version to resubmit (1000 x 750), would you?

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Riptide651 : 11th Dec 2011 at 2:58 AM.
Ok, reentering my photos

Entry #1: (May)

Name: A Battle of Wits

Link: http://i.imgur.com/5E96O.jpg

GTA V
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:58 PM
Thanks for fixing them. Psst, next time, you can just click 'edit' and add them there. Off to update list now.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:04 AM
I reuploaded my second entry above

GTA V
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Luckk - your picture is 1000x700. You wouldn't happen to have an uncropped version to resubmit (1000 x 750), would you?

Ah, just edited my post with the original, uncropped screenshot.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 12:36 AM
Luckk, the picture MUST be 1000x750 as stated in the rules. I asked if you had uncropped so you could then crop to the correct size rather than trying to resize and distort what you had. Sorry for the confusion.

Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:08 AM
Okay, I figured out what was wrong. The first picture was accidentally 1000x700 rather than 1000x750 (Don't know how I missed that). When you asked for the uncropped I thought you meant the original. I never resized anything. Sorry for that. It has been fixed.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
Okay, I figured out what was wrong. The first picture was accidentally 1000x700 rather than 1000x750 (Don't know how I missed that). When you asked for the uncropped I thought you meant the original. I never resized anything. Sorry for that. It has been fixed.

Yay, sorry about that. Confusion on both ends! Updated the contestant table now.

Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:32 AM
Just out of interest, if there end up being less than 15 entries for each month, will we be able to enter more photos because I have got many!

GTA V
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 4:25 PM
Default April

Sakura watching. (Hanami)

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 8:45 PM
I don;t know if this goes into the chat thread or not, but I really think this contest needs more publicizing. Like, sending a PM to all members or more news or a publicizing thread, idk... Advertisement in general

GTA V
Field Researcher
#18 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:09 AM Last edited by Majuchan : 6th Dec 2011 at 4:35 AM.
December

Resized... sorry, I forgot to change the size.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:14 AM
Majuchan - your picture needs to be 1,000 x 750. Right now it is 1,024 × 768. Please resubmit with the correct size. (Just edit your post and change the image).

Forum Resident
#20 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:30 PM Last edited by Morphead : 26th Dec 2011 at 11:50 PM.
August

"I'll always love you.."

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:28 PM
Default Contest Entry #1: August
Fun fun fun! I love it!

Entry #1: August

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Instructor
#22 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 6:29 PM
Default Entry #2: February
Entry #2: February

I can't wait to see everyone else's pics - they're all beautiful so far!

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 8:14 PM
Default January
You've taken some amazing pictures everybody ^.^ Well done!
My graphics card isn't the best, but oh well =]

January

cactusimotion
Field Researcher
#24 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:00 PM
Well, I've got a couple of nice screens. Might as well try my hand at this.

I want to say... March.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 9:20 PM
Dang it, Cactusimotion! That's VERY similar to an idea I had planned for November.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu

Page 1 of 10