Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 1:49 AM Last edited by JustMeHere : 4th Nov 2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Claification
Default The Witch coven
Hello and welcome to the Sims 3 Witch coven challenge! Before I begin you should know that Supernatural is Required . Secondly I would like to say that I have drawn inspiration from quite a bit of other sources, so before I get the comments saying "you copied' or "this already exist" save it for someone else. Okay this has gone on long enough so BACKSTORY TIME!

"Promise me you (insert original number of witches here) will be okay"
"We will mom" you say and kiss your aging mother on the cheek. You pick up your last trunk and an umbrella and then dash through the rain to the taxi where your fellow witches are waiting. You hop in and give the driver your new address. One by one you all doze off and finally it's your turn. When you awake the others are still asleep and you begin to think of the task ahead...

GOAL: To create a coven of the most powerful witches and wizards the world has ever known
Rules
-must start with a minimum of 3 sims
-if you have season installed your sims may not be outside in the rain without an umbrella, showers/baths are the only 'safe' water contacts
-the oldest of your original witches is leader
-move into a town with no witches (turn them off until gen. 2)
-your first generation of witches must "breed" with humans and other supernaturals
-the first witch in gen. 2 that is the same gender as your previous leader is the new leader of the coven and must continue the legacy
-your coven witches may not marry humans (what respectable pureblood would marry a filthy muggle)
-If you are using humans for breeding purposes then you are only permitted to woohoo, and get pregnant. *RELATIONSHIP IS NOT PERMITTED ABOVE ROMANTIC INTEREST* :lovestruc
-gen. 2+ you must marry another witch
-you may have a maid/bonhelda/butler/"slave" if you wish
-all magic children must age up well
-you can choose whatever traits and LTWs you want
-start on a 40x40 lot and build upon it
-if you absolutely suck at building, like myself, feel free to use custom lots
-lovers may be moved in, but can't have a job
-all members of the coven must achieve their LTW
-leaders must also max 2 skills and master their career
-no cheats*
-if you have pets you can get them a familiar
-overstuff mod recommended not required

Please let me know if there is anything I missed. I would love to see your progeress so please post pictures!
Thanks for reading, JustMeHere
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 5:38 AM
I'm doing this one! Heck yeah! I will keep you posted!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by forgetfulsinner
I'm doing this one! Heck yeah! I will keep you posted!

Thanks it means alot that someone is doing my challenge!
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 6:12 AM
OK here is the run down of my Coven thus far!

Whinery Stinson
* Head Priestess of Coven.
* Has the lifetime wish of becoming an Alchemy Artisan.
* Is currently working as a ghost hunter.

Her motto is helping souls whether dead or alive!

Timmothy Hopper
* Second in line if something happens to the Priestess.
* His lifetime wish is to become a Zombie Maker.
* Currently working in the journalism career, not his passion but how better to get to know whom is coming and going.

December Myers
* Currently working as a scientists assistant.
* Her lifetime wish is to have the perfect garden.
* She is also the only witch that has made and effort to go out and socialize more than expected of them. Even though it is against her shy nature. She knows that she needs to help grow the coven.

Sofia Bellamy
* Not allowed to leave the house due to her 'condition'.
* Doesn't realize that it is odd to others that she at one point had started to decompose.
* Her lifetime wish is to be a culinary librarian.

Their current home (still being fixed up with any of the extra cash brought in by their jobs or the items December cosigns from her gardening/gathering)

I will keep you posted on the happenings! OuO
Instructor
#5 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 2:21 PM
Sofia Bellamy
* Doesn't realize that it is odd to others that she at one point had started to decompose.

Haha, those skeleton hands are a nice touch!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:08 PM
I'm very interested in this challenge. However, I do have some questions concerning these rules:

-your first generation of witches must "breed" with humans and other supernaturals
Ok, simple enough.
-your coven witches are only to get pregnant with humans
But...the previous rule states other supernaturals as well?
Cool, but...are gen 2 and above allowed to acually produce offspring with their spouses then? Or are they expected to cheat? x)

Perhaps I'm just overthinking things, but I'd like some clarification on the matter before I jump into CAS. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baboontje
I'm very interested in this challenge. However, I do have some questions concerning these rules:

Ok, simple enough.
-your coven witches are only to get pregnant with humans
But...the previous rule states other supernaturals as well?
Cool, but...are gen 2 and above allowed to acually produce offspring with their spouses then? Or are they expected to cheat? x)

Perhaps I'm just overthinking things, but I'd like some clarification on the matter before I jump into CAS. :D

"your coven witches are only to get pregnant with humans" means that they aren't allowed to marry or date humans
Gen 2+ can do whatever you wish them to do(faithful or not your choice)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2014 at 7:57 PM

Whinery Stinson
* Head Priestess of Coven.
* Has the lifetime wish of becoming an Alchemy Artisan.
* Is currently working as a ghost hunter.

Her motto is helping souls whether dead or alive!

Timmothy Hopper
* Second in line if something happens to the Priestess.
* His lifetime wish is to become a Zombie Maker.
* Currently working in the journalism career, not his passion but how better to get to know whom is coming and going.

December Myers
* Currently working as a scientists assistant.
* Her lifetime wish is to have the perfect garden.
* She is also the only witch that has made and effort to go out and socialize more than expected of them. Even though it is against her shy nature. She knows that she needs to help grow the coven.

Sofia Bellamy

Their current home (still being fixed up with any of the extra cash brought in by their jobs or the items December cosigns from her gardening/gathering)

I will keep you posted on the happenings! OuO

Love the skeleton hands! Keep the updates coming
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Haha, those skeleton hands are a nice touch!

Quote: Originally posted by JustMeHere
Love the skeleton hands! Keep the updates coming

Thanks! I got them from http://anubis360.blogspot.com/2012/...d-tops-for.html ! They are wonderful!
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:07 AM
This is by far my favorite Sims 3 challenge. I'm creating my Sims as I speak.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlphaChoques
This is by far my favorite Sims 3 challenge. I'm creating my Sims as I speak.

That's sweet . Hope you have fun!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 7:17 PM
Love it! Will try it when I get back home to my gaming-computor! Like I did not have enough to do with my random legacy........ Some questions though:

-Are some store-bought "witchy" stuff allowed? Like the talking mirrow, cow plant, cauldron etc?
-Marriage: Still do not get it. Does it mean that they HAVE to marry Another witch or I fale the challenge? Or does it mean that after 2nd generation IF I choose to marry someone it has to be a witch?
-Define "date" for the first generation please. How involved are they really allowed to become?

My Legacies:
Granite RLC
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bloudwedd
Love it! Will try it when I get back home to my gaming-computor! Like I did not have enough to do with my random legacy........ Some questions though:

-Are some store-bought "witchy" stuff allowed? Like the talking mirrow, cow plant, cauldron etc?
-Marriage: Still do not get it. Does it mean that they HAVE to marry Another witch or I fale the challenge? Or does it mean that after 2nd generation IF I choose to marry someone it has to be a witch?
-Define "date" for the first generation please. How involved are they really allowed to become?

Great Questions!

Yes you can use the "witchy" stuff
Yes, Gen 2 must marry a witch or wizard if you want to get them married
Only romantic interest
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:51 AM Last edited by RemusBlack : 14th Jul 2014 at 4:51 AM.
I've started this challenge and I've made my witches and warlock, placed them in the town and they didn't have a magic bar or wands. They could conjure apples but that's it. I don't have any mods so it can't be because of that. I'm hoping that deleting the cache files fixes it :'( I really like my sims and I don't want to have to delete their save.

Edit: I think it had something to do with one of my witches having alien genetics and being a witch. It's all fixed now though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RemusBlack
I've started this challenge and I've made my witches and warlock, placed them in the town and they didn't have a magic bar or wands. They could conjure apples but that's it. I don't have any mods so it can't be because of that. I'm hoping that deleting the cache files fixes it :'( I really like my sims and I don't want to have to delete their save.

Edit: I think it had something to do with one of my witches having alien genetics and being a witch. It's all fixed now though.

Well I'm happy you got it to work, I'd love to see pictures

P.S. I love your name
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM
Now that I've had time to play this through I'm trying to set an "end point"
I'm flipping between the standered 10 gen and getting three sims to lvl 10 magic skill
If anyone else has and ending point please share it
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 10:43 AM
this sounds like fun. I might try it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 10:03 PM
So we can't cheat, even to build the coven house thing?
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 4:48 AM
I love this im gonna watch an lp first to understand more keep doing these great challenges
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:38 AM
So doing this one!! I'll keep you updated!
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 2:39 AM
Love this!! I'll keep you updated!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 12:03 PM
Do they HAVE to get married at all in Gen 2+? Just wonderin',also can they get engaged? Without actually marrying I mean. I'll do this,I'll post pics if you guys want to.

Hello there! I have my challenges and stories at http://starrysimschallenges.blogspot.com/ It would mean a lot if you checked it out at least,I will do challenges from these forums only. :)
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 3:05 PM
So I've started this challenge, so far, so good. I have a quest regarding throwing the witch inducing potion?

Scenario I am thinking of, one of my original three have fallen in love (silly me gave her the hopeless romantic) would it be possible to throw the potion and marry him into the family following his change into a wizard/warlock?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IluvSims15
So we can't cheat, even to build the coven house thing?

Sorry no cheats at all
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PikminStar
Do they HAVE to get married at all in Gen 2+? Just wonderin',also can they get engaged? Without actually marrying I mean. I'll do this,I'll post pics if you guys want to.

They only have to get married if you want them too.
All up to you just remember NO MUGGLES
Page 1 of 2