Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#8051 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 9:50 PM
What a bullshit excuse for the smaller world. Performance and optimization? Really?!
They should honestly focus on making the game run better by upping the system requirements and optimizing it with that in mind, rather than making sure the game can run well on weaker computers. And why the hell does the size of the world even matter? You can only have one lot loaded in (+ surrounding open space) at a time, and every non-household Sim outside of this loaded space is not even simulated fully, only the passage of time for them. This game has no story progression or anything to use up processing power, so stop with this world performance bullshit.

Seriously though, Get Famous looks more like a game pack than a full on expansion pack.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8052 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 11:18 PM
They talk about performance and optimization yet they release packs upon packs that bloats your storage space...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Field Researcher
#8053 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:10 AM
World is way too small, so sad.
Mad Poster
#8054 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Seriously though, Get Famous looks more like a game pack than a full on expansion pack.

You can't sell a game pack for $40, silly!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#8055 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You can't sell a game pack for $40, silly!

Well... EA is proving you can’t polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter.
Mad Poster
#8056 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
New world looks really tiny 11 lots from what I see. There's also nothing going on with skyscrapers or city things which I was totally expecting
This is really the most disappointed I've been in a new world and I wasn't expecting much to begin with. But at least previous world looked prettier... The transition between grass and sand looks just cheap.

Look at all these buildings I can ent-- *frantically clicks every single one of them*. Whoever thought for this map design couldn't think of a better way of crushing our hopes and dreams? Like couldn't you make it any more pet peever than that? Geez I was about to exclaim "What is this? A flash game?" but even those progressing games, particularly fast-food managing/running joints, you at least go through and enter every available drawn building. Are they really trying purposely to grind our gears? Oh my!

Though really, that's very mean-spirited and spiteful. Players have been made clear that they sincerely want more lots. Now what you do to ease the wound when you can't fulfill their dreams? Make the whole map of look what simmers wish to explore, but still cannot. Good thing they didn't go overboard sooner when San Myshuno was introduced.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#8057 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:31 AM
The comment from Kate shows that they know that the game engine chosen before the change of direction of this game is biting them in the fanny, as we all knew it would. And yes, knowing this, how in the heck can they stretch this out another 3 years? Will the last EP have a world with one or 2 lots? Sheesh.
Field Researcher
#8058 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 12:38 AM
I see it now:

The next sims pack: Get Compromising

Featuring a beach lot world
2 neighbourhoods, the residential one has a grand total of two lots

The community one will have a park, a gym and a bar as per the rules of making a sims 4 world. Apparently.

Game play object can be a rubber ring for use in the water. It’s special feature is clumsy sims may burst it because the clumsy trait is so under used and it does nothing anyway.

Can recolour all existing meshes for swim wear.
Mad Poster
#8059 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:03 AM
I am not sure I will even get this and that is sad as I have been a very avid Simmer since the game came out. I will have to decide if to get at half off when on sale to look at it or not? I got Seasons at half off and have not played since I got it. This is different from the past when I would be standing outside Target or Best Buy wanting to yell "open, I want my game!!!!". Then I would head straight home and be playing in 12-16 hour game sessions 5-6 days a week. My, how times have changed.
Instructor
#8060 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am not sure I will even get this and that is sad as I have been a very avid Simmer since the game came out. I will have to decide if to get at half off when on sale to look at it or not? I got Seasons at half off and have not played since I got it. This is different from the past when I would be standing outside Target or Best Buy wanting to yell "open, I want my game!!!!". Then I would head straight home and be playing in 12-16 hour game sessions 5-6 days a week. My, how times have changed.

I'm thinking to tell my husband to just buy this on sale for my birthday. It comes out the 16th and my birthday is the 28th so I'm sure he can find plenty of sales prior to my birthday, with Black Friday 5 days before and Cyber Monday two days before my actual birthday, and only pay a portion of the price. I still get the Game pack vibe from this and so I'm only willing to spend that much. Then again... Do I really want this? I mean if he decided to get it for me anyway thats truly up to him. There are things I do like... and to finally have some sort of reputation system in the game is ideal... But I don't know. After all, I've seen... I'm still in the middle of yes and no...
Mad Poster
#8061 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 1:46 AM
I will probably end of getting it but am not jumping up and down with excitement over it. It may be interesting for a one time play through.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8062 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 3:53 AM
I looked at the contents, and this feels hallow. Perks look like vampire traits, acting looks like other active careers, and... good lord... velvet ropes are attached to doors.

I see very little use for getting hair and makeup done - just spin into a damn outfit. However, I like that acting is versatile. However, the resources used from make up and wardrobe, along with the fashion career could have been used on an actual fashion or stylist design. Replace ONE LOT with a salon and poof!

They just keep setting the bar lower and lower.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#8063 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Commitment issues? Actually that wouldn't make sense. Hates child-- actually, those sims won't want to do anything with children. I'm not sure If trait could based off. Family-orientated, but even with that it doesn't define family with a spouse status exclusively.

I was talking about a hypothetical situation, where Maxis could have made out of wedlock baby backlash more nuanced. So I am not talking about already existing traits in the existing game. But for example, they could have added a 'conservative' trait that would cause the sims with that trait to react negatively. So the backlash would not be universal, but only from some of the sims. It is just an example.
Instructor
#8064 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:04 AM

Oh God, that's just a sad excuse. "We want to make more money with DLCs, but we don't want to actually add content because it'll make the game lag."

To be honest, given how bad the game runs, it could be an honest answer.

Problem is there were people saying 3 years ago that the game didn't seem stable enough to go this long while the Sims team said "THIS ENGINE IS GREAT IT CAN DO SO MUCH, IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN SIMS 3! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD" Fast forward and wow wouldn't you know it, they sold us a lemon, who would've thought?
Field Researcher
#8065 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 5:51 AM
One of the game changers said he felt like had done everything there is to do in the pack in 4 hours. Kinda says it all.
Top Secret Researcher
#8066 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:46 AM
I've been disappointed for years now and somehow they still manage to disappoint me.
What's most disappointing is how they think we are so dumb that we believe this crap.

With seasons they had fleshed it out enough to warrant a month-in-advance announcement. This one should have had more time so that they could react to the community feedback and perhaps add more (Oh who am I kidding, that would never happen....)

Seasons was good and I'll admit it made me feel like they were moving in a slightly better direction. That was before the bug fest that ensued and the unwillingness to fix it.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#8067 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:10 AM
It's simple: they created a game pack and named its expansion pack. They did this in order to say: guys, we have 2 expansion pack a year.
Forum Resident
#8068 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:21 AM
They need to lower how much content they release to avoid hitting low-end players. You might think they were going with "quality over quantity" instead But they let every pack come out with a crapload of bugs and then take months to fix them. So...what ARE they doing here?

FOR THE HORDE
Forum Resident
#8069 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
I am fine with the community lots, but only 3 lots in the starter area and 3 lots in the rich area? It's a joke.

Oh.. and in case, you haven't seen a build/buy overview yet. Not one single kitchen item... yeah.
On the plus side, you can build tacky rich guy mansions with those weird pink/leopard build objects.

Oh God, yes. Not even the Buy/Build mode is good. We have like 10 new chairs, two or three beds and sofas, some bathroom stuff and a lot of clutter. When have you ever thought "You know what this game needs more? More toilets and same-looking showers!"

The only thing I'm curious about are the pod beds or whatever they're called.
Forum Resident
#8070 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
I seriously wonder when some people will notice the ever-growing lack of features that previous renditions had. Hell, this one isn't even a previous rendition: the very first expansion pack world continues to be the best, both in design and tangible lot count. Now here's a new expansion with 11 lots to Jungle Adventure's 7 (not counting things like the temple or hidden lots), and you really have to question where the line is drawn. Does the additional $20 fee kick in at 9 lots? 10? How low can they go before people grow a spine and refuse to buy?

It really feels like the Sims is a drug and the entire community is addicted. Every time a new pack is released, glaring flaws show up and people convince themselves they'll love it anyways and buy it ASAP, even pre-ordering directly after a launch trailer in some cases. Why? Because people "need their fix" and even if the new pack is shit, an ounce of cocaine feeds the cravings more than zero ounces....though zero would be better for trying to kick the damned habit.

In this specific case, the trailer itself was completely barren and lacking in ANY meaningful content, mostly showing Sim animations (from the base game), and now we have a screenshot of a tiny neighborhood with 11 lots, as well as influencers gushing over the product because "I can be an influencer in the Sims! Surely this feature isn't here to win over my bias!!" and another revealing we've got yet another gimmicky toilet, harkening back to the disappointment that was City Living. Hell, I know plenty of people list City Living as the worst expansion pack of the entire franchise, and from the looks of things thusfar, this one seems eager to fight for that title.

I mean the list of stuff we're getting is:

-1 new active career
-A perk/quirk system (which seems to be the same as the fame system, so doesn't sound like they actually made a fame system beyond repurposing an existing system)
-A tiny neighborhood
-That's it, go home

I don't know what you're talking about. GTW was the first expansion and it has FIVE lots, so nobody is lowering their standards with eleven.
You're pretty judgemental with what people do with their money. Damn and that's coming from a vegan.
Mad Poster
#8071 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 8:04 AM
Cannot wait to see the LGR review! At least there are some chairs! LOL
Mad Poster
#8072 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 8:45 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:02 AM.
Oh God, yes. Not even the Buy/Build mode is good. We have like 10 new chairs, two or three beds and sofas, some bathroom stuff and a lot of clutter. When have you ever thought "You know what this game needs more? More toilets and same-looking showers!"

Definitely concerned about how much stuff is recycled- the money pit is like the third of fourth iteration of the love bush? This isn't adding any unique gameplay, and the 'golden' furniture is frankly basegame-style cartoonishly ugly. And of course, no recliners or lounge chairs (?)

Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
What a bullshit excuse for the smaller world. Performance and optimization? Really?!
They should honestly focus on making the game run better by upping the system requirements and optimizing it with that in mind, rather than making sure the game can run well on weaker computers. And why the hell does the size of the world even matter? You can only have one lot loaded in (+ surrounding open space) at a time, and every non-household Sim outside of this loaded space is not even simulated fully, only the passage of time for them. This game has no story progression or anything to use up processing power, so stop with this world performance bullshit.

This also doesn't bode well for future expansions- it seems like they know that the game engine has hard limits and are trying to divide the remaining 'room' accordingly. Is TS4 going to see smaller and smaller worlds with each future expansion?

Alternatively, another possibility is that creating lots is ridiculously time-intensive on this abortive MMO engine they have, and there's simply not enough money/time to add more than the bare minimum due to budgetary issues/the need to get this out before Christmas. Again, hardly a satisfying answer.
Inventor
#8073 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:02 AM
I've heard that they're adding safe. Okay.. one question: what's the point of having safe, when there's no thieves?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8074 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 9:31 AM
I am not sure why not having many lots is a problem for the world? I mean it's not like we have to use it *instead of* the other worlds, so it's still additional lots. The famous people can live where they like.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#8075 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

Alternatively, another possibility is that creating lots is ridiculously time-intensive on this abortive MMO engine they have, and there's simply not enough money/time to add more than the bare minimum due to budgetary issues/the need to get this out before Christmas. Again, hardly a satisfying answer.

I think most of their budget went into set dressing in this case. They have all the deco cars, solar panels, ect... There is even a deco lot that has a RV and a boat as was pointed out in Iron Seagull's review which I debated to watch. This is not a hint that boats and RVs are coming to the game, but there will be no shortage of people that will take it that way. They couldn't even be bothered to keep it real for if they had, they would have added tents along the section of beach as there is no shortage of 'tent cities' in CA.

If this was their way of trying to impress investors as those are the only people EA thinks are important, it hasn't turned out so well. EA's stock as of this morning before opening bell is around $100.00 a share and on the decline. There is other stuff going on with EA as well such as heads of studios up and leaving after three and half years on top of all the other junk that is going on, but the 'important people' are not impressed right now.

They are so concerned with their 'solid foundation' of a game engine, and yet they are filling it with deco stuff that can't be used or played with. I can't say that I've ever seen a company use such logic. Props to Maxis for finding yet another first that is very much a head scratcher.
Locked thread
Page 323 of 447