Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 2:19 AM Last edited by TurtleShroom : 6th Apr 2018 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Added E-Mail notification

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to Edit Vacation Worlds to Permanently Have Certain Lots
Good evening.

I have played "Sims III" for many years, and one thing I always do when I go on Vacation is delete and insert my own custom Lots into the world. In Shang Simla, for example, I added a Nerd Comic Shop Lot that fit the Asian theme, as well as a Dive Bar. In Egypt, I added an Arcade and a Pool. In France, I added someone else's custom lot, called the Mummy Research Facility . In the Future World, I added a Dive Bar "cantina".

I don't like to add these every time, but I thought that I had no choice in the matter, until I had an epiphany! As it stands, there exist altered versions of Worlds that fix serious Routing issues. This means that the Vanilla rendition's worlds are modifiable and are able to be expanded on.

Therefore, my question is simple: how do I go about editing the Vanilla rendition worlds (Shang Simla, Egypt, etc.) and any other words I may have, so that every time I play or visit them, they have permanent Lots? I'd love to save the time and get straight to playing without routine maintenance.

I am willing to use "Create a World" or any complex tricks to make this possible. The question remains: how is this done?

Thank you for any assistance you may render.

Warm regards,
-TURTLESHROOM

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:32 PM
Assuming I don't edit the Tomb Lots, etc., do all of the Oppurtunities and such still work in an edited version of a Vacation World? Does everything work the same in University and the Future, too?

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!