Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:50 PM Last edited by TarnishedSoul0 : 30th Sep 2018 at 8:04 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAS Pure Black Skin
EDIT: I have found a solution; although I may not access the skin anymore, I am content with being able to at least play the game. I have since selected another skin.

Hi, so recently I installed a few skins, made a sim, saved him to the bin, and everything was okay. Since he is a werewolf sim, I decided that I should download some sliders to make it so I can use Camkitty's werewolf face set to make him actually look like a werewolf. After I downloaded the sliders, I went back into the game to edit my sim in the bin, but after I selected him, his skin was pure black.

I didn't remove any custom content in the process, only added, none of which relate to skintones. I've searched for about 3 hours for a solution, on these forums, on other forums, pretty much anywhere I can find. I removed custom content, deleted my folder in documents, replaced my resource.cfg with a new one, and many other things. I don't remember the exact skintone I used since I didn't take a good look at what I was selecting, but I did reinstall all the skintones I already had installed, but even that didn't work. I use a Windows operating system and here is my system specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/29/2018, 15:40:11
DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Driver Date/Size: 8/20/2018 5:00:00 PM, 954112 bytes

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: D24-D1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Date and Size: 11/29/2016 12:00:00 AM, 5523456 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 150.9 GB
Total Space: 952.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0 ATA Device
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:23 AM
Chances are you have encountered the sim bin bug, for what ever reason the game has real issues loading occult sims from the bin, it always drops the occult status.

I don't have SN so this is just guess work, but I suspect the skin you used was set for a wolf, and thanks to the bin bug your sim is just a regular sim, which can't use that skin, which is why it loads black.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
Unfortunately, I could not find the skin again, but I have began to use a different one. As long as my game at least works, it's okay with me. Thank you both for the suggestions.