Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM
I know I'm doing something wrong.. (Milkshape and sims 4 geoms)
(I hope this is the right place to post.. sorry if it's not and please feel free to move it into the correct area.. :] )

hi! I'm Dio :]

I have a little bit of experince with creating CC hair for my sims 3 game and thought I'd like to give it a try on TS4.. now, this could just be me being slightly dumb and overlooking something but.. for some reason I can't import Sims 4 geom files into milkshape (it comes up with a strange error.. I can try and get a screen shot if you guys like? ).. I thought at first it might be because the Geoms are a diffrent type (due to the game system) and tried to find a plug in for it.. after finding nothing, I'm stumped.. so I have a dumb question.. do I need to convert the TS4 geoms into TS3 ones in order to edit them in milkshape?

sorry for the dumb question and thanks for reading :]

if it helps, my milkshape version is 1.8.5 :]
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
No you're in the right place =) Welcome!

If you take a look at the Sims 4 Creation > Tools forum, there is a thread by Cmar "Mesh Tools" -- that also has a GEOM converter for TS4 > TS3. I am not 100% sure since I'm not doing any meshing myself at the moment, but that seems to be the way to go right now (since Milkshape et al can import TS3 but not 4).

If I'm mistaken, someone will hopefully correct me!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 5:24 PM
hi plastic box! :]

I'll check it out, thanks for your help! :]
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
Hey Dio, yes you need to convert them from Sims 4 Geoms to Sims 3 Geoms. Cmar's 'Mesh Tools' will do that for you and even allow you to export Sims 4 Geoms as Sims 3 Geoms to edit in MS. Hope this helps. Happy meshing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM
thanks for the help, Josephthesim :]

and thanks for both of your help, I've used the meshing tool and managed to get the hair I want in game and gender converted YAAAY! :] I would never have figured it out without you guys :]

thanks again!
Instructor
#6 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:36 PM
Glad to help... Maybe you can explain gender conversions to me! Mine keep failing LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:44 PM
sure, I'd be happy to :] I'm not to good at explaining, so I'll see if I can upload some screen shots to :]
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dio_left
sure, I'd be happy to :] I'm not to good at explaining, so I'll see if I can upload some screen shots to :]

I'm currently finishing off my first second successful conversion. I did some digging around and found an online tut. But thanks anyway :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
okay! I'm glad you could get it working :] happy converting!