Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 9:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Most Dressers Dont Work
The dressers that come with the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will not work. For instance when I click them, they give me no options at all. Others only give me the option to dress for work. The only dressers I have that work are some custom content ones. This sucks because I have to use the same unmatched dressers each time.

Anyone else who had this problem was there a way you fixed this? Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:17 PM
Do you have any CC? Could be you've got an outdated wardrobe-related mod hiding in your downloads.

Also remember that you need to buy clothes for them to show up in the dressers.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have any CC? Could be you've got an outdated wardrobe-related mod hiding in your downloads.

Also remember that you need to buy clothes for them to show up in the dressers.

Yes, I have clothes. I would have to look for wardrobe related mods. If that doesn't work I will update. Thanks for your suggestions.
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:14 PM
actually, buying clothes may not be necessary.
other methods of adding clothes::
-Marry/Join social.
-Move In social.
-merging households option; neighborhood/sub-neighborhood screen.
-generating characters through Tombstone of L & D (Spawn object); the interactions that start with "New".
with the first 3, the clothes of that household would be copied to current household. with the last 1, the clothes of the generated character/characters would be added.

might check if the problem applies to each age/gender combination.
might also check if the problem happens on other lots and/or in other neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:49 PM
The options listed above aren't particularly useful if you want to choose the clothes instead of just getting a handful of random ones.

I haven't bothered with the community lot buying options in ages, and instead use a mod to buy clothes on the home lot (I prefer the Insimenator/Wardrobe Adjuster mod, because it has a lot of extra uses like instant clothing category changes even in paused mode - but there are several different mods to choose from).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:44 AM
It is not that I do not have clothes, the problem is the dressers work like a deco item, when clicked on they don't give me a pie menu, they just give me the grey cursor. They use to work before, but now I have a hand full of dressers that work. Even the included ones with the expansions do not work.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 9:53 AM
Can you move out your CC (except for essential bugfixes and NPC mods - and take a backup of your entire Neighborhood folder in case of bugs!), and see if the dressers work? If they do, there's a mod in your CC that stops dressers from working. If they don't, the problem is elsewhere.