Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 12:30 PM Last edited by Patrik356b : 9th Aug 2007 at 2:13 PM.
Loading Sound
In The Sims there is a file called :

loadloop.wav

If you wanted to change loading sound, just replace it with another wav-file

The point is, I don't like the loading sound in The Sims 2 Pets and I want to replace it

But I don't know how to replace it

Can anybody tell me how I replace the loading sound ?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 9:29 PM
I'm a bit confused. Did you ask a question, then find out the answer by yourself and posted it here ?

Where is the loadloop.wav is located ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:59 PM
Patrick is just remembering when, in the Sims1, it was possible to change that wav file to change the loading sound.

In the Sims2 the loading sound is in XA format, and is located in:
(program files)\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sound\Splash.package

As for me, I sometimes replace the Splash.package from the latest EP (the one that you hear when the game is loading) with the Splash.package taken from UNI or the base game, so that I hear the old music, instead of the latest one.

Perhaps it should be possible to replace the XA files in the Splash.package with an MP3 or WAV file, but I'm not sure...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 8:42 AM
OK, let's try
I hope splash.package uses same codec as the other music, the other music from the game are using a normal mp3 codec, so splash.package might uses the same...

I will check it out soon...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 9:13 AM
I can't find any software which can convert splash.package to wav/mp3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 11:50 AM
But it may be possible to replace it with one from another game, ex. NightLife
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 8:14 PM
I have now replaced Splash.package with the one from TS2 base game

It works 100%

But, I still want to replace it with a wma/mp3/wav file from music or the loading music from TS1

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 8:30 PM
It would be good if there was a program which can import WMA/MP3/WAV files and convert them to a correct Splash.package file