Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:47 PM
Default Arranged Marriages
I'm trying to make a hack which will allow arranged marriages as some stories and families just lend themselves to this. Especially with the new good cook, good cleaner, etc turn ons. Anyone have any ideas about how to not make this a global hack but still allow it?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:57 PM
How, exactly, would you expect such a thing to behave in-game? Sims don't really make romantic decisions on their own anyway... I could see... maybe something like if the sim dad knows and likes a nice young man who is turned on by blondes, and has a blonde daughter of marriageable age, perhaps doing an introduction similar to some of the OfB/Nightlife things where they show up temporarily in the relationship panel and get a boost to relationships... Also, you'd need something where sims could marry regardless of relationship/love... but I think it may just be easy enough, rather than trying to hack something like this, to just use existing methods and your imagination. If a father knows a nice young man who's got the right turn-ons, just have him invite him over and make sure he and the daughter get to chatting. If you think the marriage is a good idea, there's an "ask to move in regardless of relationship" hack out there somewhere, and then you could temporarily change their relationship levels using the InSIMenator to allow for a normal marriage with ceremony, or simply set them as married with InSIM without changing relationships for an instant marriage, no ceremony.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.