Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

City Apartments: Paris and New York versions

by May* Posted 28th Jul 2009 at 4:36 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2009 at 7:03 AM by May*

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:44 AM
holy crap! this is humongously amazing! i've always wanted lots like these, and guess what? it happens when i finally switch to the sims 3! please, oh please, build them in sims 3 too!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:16 PM
Very nice! Thank you
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:52 PM
I really do love them. Great Job!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 3:47 PM
great work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:04 PM
i LOVE these! great work. thank you.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:40 PM
These are PERFECT. Most realistic apartments I've ever seen in The Sims! Love them.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:56 PM
Damn I wish I could download this but I don't have Garden & Mansion stuff ;(
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:09 PM
These are beautiful! I've been trying to give my sims a more urban place to live, and these are the best big city apartment buildings I've ever seen.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:09 AM
These are gorgeous too bad I don't have M&G.

Oh and did the chain-link fence come with that stuff pack or is it CC? Just curious.

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
[Hedy Lamarr]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 9:41 AM
Firstly, thank you for your comments!
Secondly, maybe I could make these two without M&G and add the files here? I just love the plants from that pack but I could remake these just removing M&G objects.
And xemptybrkneyesx - the fence is in custom content list, it's here.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 10:17 AM
Thanks so much

I wouldn't want you to go through any trouble, but your apartments are wonderfully made. I'm seriously lacking as far as apartment building goes, and have been looking for a nice building or two to add to my neighborhoods, and yours are just gorgeous.

[Hedy Lamarr]
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 11:11 AM
WOW amazing !
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:54 PM
WOW I really love your wonderful apartments, especially the Paris one. I have a question: How do you build your lot over the land boundary of 2 caskets? With some cheat or is there any trick?

Thanks for your help
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:03 PM Last edited by May* : 29th Jul 2009 at 3:15 PM.
I used LotAdjuster by Mootilda (it's written in Additional Credits) - here is a good tutorial how to do that.

Oh, and about The Sims 3 - I played them at my friends house and I think playing with sims is very improved but building is horrible, with little possibilities for me. So I think I'm not going to get The Sims 3 at all because usually I only build. Thank you for your comment!

I completely rebuilt both houses without Mansion & Garden Stuff today - I put them here in the comments. There aren't too many differences, I think.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CityApartments-NewYork(noM&G).rar (1.25 MB, 344 downloads)
File Type: rar  CityApartments-Paris(noM&G).rar (1.34 MB, 313 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 10:54 AM
Thanks so much

I love these, and can't wait to play them.
Glad to see other people don't have M&G and love them enough to download, so I hope I didn't make you go out of your way for nothing.

[Hedy Lamarr]
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:05 PM
Merci !
Test Subject
#18 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by May*
I used LotAdjuster by Mootilda (it's written in Additional Credits) - here is a good tutorial how to do that.

Oh, and about The Sims 3 - I played them at my friends house and I think playing with sims is very improved but building is horrible, with little possibilities for me. So I think I'm not going to get The Sims 3 at all because usually I only build. Thank you for your comment!

I completely rebuilt both houses without Mansion & Garden Stuff today - I put them here in the comments. There aren't too many differences, I think.

OMG thaaaank you so much, you are swesome! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 11:23 PM
They look and work amazing in game

Thanks again for doing that extra work for us non M&G-ers.

[Hedy Lamarr]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 8:57 AM
I'm happy that you play with them and also let me know that everything works fine
You're welcome.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 4:22 AM Last edited by mocha0030 : 7th Aug 2009 at 6:48 AM.
wow, your new york lot looks so similar to a lot found on my site. it's probably because of the exact same laundry "hanging" from the exact same fire escape. i guess i should be flattered.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 10:01 AM Last edited by May* : 7th Aug 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Yes, I really found the laundry and the fire escape stairs through your site (I googled images and found those great urban house pictures and link to your site here at MTS) Thank you about that very very much, they were perfect. I also was completely stunned by all of your houses on your site. Thank you again, I would never find these two wonderful custom content by myself Also you are from NY and I wanted to make this lot as authentic as I could, hope it's OK Maybe I could add you to the 'additional credits'?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 2:32 AM
some acknowledgement that your house was based on one of my lots, (as well as the RL pic) would have been nice. our site is small and not as well known as MTS. i wouldn't want someone to come across my houses and think i was copying from you.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 4:37 AM
Personally, I don't see them as close copies..
I just think you did such a great job creating one based on a real life apartment building that hers looks similar because she based hers on a similar, real life, building style.
Just my two cents.

[Hedy Lamarr]
Field Researcher
#25 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 2:54 AM
she copied elements of my house, admitted it, and has added the acknowledgment in the main post (thanks may). so i'm not sure why your "two cents" was even necessary. my point to may is that i put a lot of work into my lots and take pride in being original. i don't want anyone to come to my site and think that i'm uploading copies of other people's work. simple as that.
Page 1 of 3