Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 12:33 PM
I tried to make myself as a sim (half Thai). It sorta does look mostly Asian.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 3:09 PM
There are some really gone Asians being shown in this thread! Great work everybody. I agree that its somewhat difficult to make Asian faces in Bodyshop. I really think the game has a couple types of faces that its naturally geared towards and then there is reality which has so many more variations, ,even of head shape.

Asian kids: One can make Asian-looking kids, but they grow up looking Caucasian. Or, you can make good looking Asian adults and age them back into kids (in bodyshop or with a hack), but they look so...........wrong!

The Asian kids in Sims2 are downright frightening. They look like mini-adults in a dwarf-freakshow kind of way. Maybe someday we'll be able to alter the aging morphs themselves? That'd be great.
Test Subject
#153 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:35 AM Last edited by aw614 : 17th Aug 2005 at 4:42 AM.
I think I was able to get a successful looking kid to adult asian sim, but I am not so sure...but most of the ones I made look exactly how smacksim described it from adult to kids.
I'll post pics

(I forgot to get a toddler for this female skin)
But I agree, the kids just look really odd, noses way to flat, cheeks too puffy
here is a difference pic in one of my sims that looks like how smacksim described

Another one I made recently too

I don't know when I should release, hopefully before school starts
Test Subject
#154 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:45 PM
Yeah, your second one (guy with spikey hair) shows perfectly how a good looking adult asian makes for a ridiculous child. The kid looks Polynesian or Hawaiin and the adult looks Japanese. Your first and third examples are pretty good for having some semblence of realism in both kid and adult. I wonder if its just that certain features don't age at all and some do?
Test Subject
#155 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 4:04 AM
thats something I want to look into, in what features don't age and some do.
#156 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 1:13 PM
To make realistic ethnic Sims I look at pictures of people's faces from different ethnicities and races. Photos showing various angles of the face can give you a feel for how Chinese, Bantu, Arab, Inuit people tend to look. I say tend to look because there is no single "Asian" or "Caucasian" face because everyone in the world is a mix of different races somewhere down the line. But that said there are distinctive "looks" certain ethnicities of the same race have, like people from Kazakhstan look different from Japanese people and so on. Corbis.com is a good source of photos, do a search on "(insert ethnicity here) portrait" and you'll find tons of pictures.

The stereotypical East Asian features vs stereotypical Caucasian can be described. Caucasians have a more prominent nose with a higher bridge, more prominent chin, and the brow, forehead, etc are more standing out in 'relief.' With Asian faces in contrast to Caucasian, *the nose's bridge is lower, the nostrils are bit wider, the face has a flatter profile, there is a lack of an overbite, *the eyebrows are higher set, the chin is not as prominent, the cheeks are a bit fleshier, *the cheekbones are higher and larger and the *beautiful Asian eyes are more narrow and upturned (not in real life, however - Asian eyes just look upturned due to the eyelid shape). The features marked with * are the most distinctive traits, IMO but of course all sorts of human variations exist and regional differences.

If someone would like I could upload some photos from anthroplogy texts showing different faces of the world.

This Sim I made is a woman from Siberia.
Test Subject
#157 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 5:56 PM
the skinsof asian people are just great and I hop that you will pot them hre so we can download because they are that great
Test Subject
#158 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 9:19 PM
I've been trying to locate were most of my custom skin tone/eyes came from before I can release mine.
Test Subject
#159 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 11:45 PM
Hm...Those skins are perfect! Any chance we can download it?
#160 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lenee
I tried to make myself as a sim (half Thai). It sorta does look mostly Asian.

Well, here's me, I'm full thai (which is full "asian" thought i really hate that generalization). And I think my sim looks like me... i think it is kinda funny how people do the over exaggerated stereotyped asian sims with the super slanty eyes... my eyes aren't THAT slanty =P, and there's absolutely no "european" in me.

Test Subject
#161 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 2:17 AM
I have been working on this off and on lately

Test Subject
#162 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 6:19 AM
What an awesome thread. Your sims look awesome. So many of them wow'ed me. I love your sims AW614 Most of the sims I make are asian sims and some anime-type as well. Here are some that are realistic to me that I'm quite proud of. On the last three sims I used the lightest premade maxis skin tone.

Here is a Korean sim I made for a miss simverse contest

and one I made using BOA (korean singer) as a model

And Tatsuya

and Riisa
Field Researcher
#163 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimi-chan
^_^ I love to make Asian skins, unfortunately I only have a couple of pictures of Mayumi, a japanese girl >_<... I will post more in the future ^O^!

They look really nice. Are they up for download? The only criticism I can make is that Asians don't have eye creases.
Test Subject
#164 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 9:58 PM Last edited by sassysista12290 : 17th Sep 2005 at 10:02 PM.
I would definitely download your skintone, BlackKat! My mom is Asian, but a lot of the Asian skintones I see up for download are yellow and pale-ish. She has a darker asian skintone.

This is Bunny.
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cut and paste Bunny into your sig to help him gain world domination!
Test Subject
#165 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 3:23 AM
yeah something I would like to see is a darker skin tone, something based on the current asian skin tones I use,
Test Subject
#166 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 11:51 AM
I like your sims, blackcat13, plz upload them!

Certified rage-quitter.
Instructor
#167 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 2:19 AM
After readnig this thread I decided to try it out for myself. I made a sim based on a friend of mine who is 1/2 Japanese, 1/2 Caucasian. I don't know how Japanese/Asian he turned out, but I do know it looks alot like my friend

Custom skin tones do wonders. When I experimented by changing his skin tone to a maxis tone he looked completely wrong!

Next I am going to try to make a sim of a Puerto Rican friend. The only problem is I can't get the hairstyle right.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 10:08 PM
Hey those are great can you give me some help!?

[COLOR=Yellow]I love the Lord, Jesus Christ, and yellow!!!!! Psalms 139:23-24 look it up if you have a Bible, because I don't want to type it all.
Test Subject
#169 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 4:51 PM
Default She is beautiful!
I am always looking for Asian skins, and she is absolutely beautiful! I would be honored to have her in my game! Thank You, Great job! :lovestruc
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Threadcromancy.
Page 7 of 7