Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 7:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Disappearing Relationships
I've just noticed in both SimPE and TS2 Enhancer that all Mortimer Goth's relationships have totally disappeared. In SimPE he has none at all, in TS2 Enhancer he has just the one, with Lucy Burb (85/65 her to him and 20/20 him to her). As far as I know, he never even met Lucy Burb! Oddly enough, she also has a similar kind of relationship with Cornelia Goth and she definitely never met her.

This has happened since Mortimer died, but normally the relationships stay when someone dies. I did get a message for one Sim recently saying they were no longer best friends with Mortimer, so his relationships were clearly OK at that point, so it wasn't his death that did it.

There's also something rather odd about Lucy Burb, having these relationships with dead people she's never met!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:38 AM
I just installed the latest SimPE and noticed that my first very ummm... outgoing Romance Sim had no relationships, and trust me, this guy should have one with every Sim in his neighbourhood. All he has left is relationships with the horrid townies who stalk his children home (whom he does not even see)

but having the same problem doesn't help you, sorry, it's very late and I just can't seem to go to bed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 5:33 PM
I've updated SimPE a couple of times since Mortimer died so that may have caused it, but it hasn't happened to any other dead people that I can see. Just one more indication that Mortimer is special, I guess!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?