Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 2:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Pets
Default Chess table/broken chairs problem
Does this happen to anyone else? Each time one of my sims plays chess, regardless of what kind of chair I place at either side of the chess table, the next person told to play chess stands next to the table like the chair is broken. Once I replace the chairs the sim can play chess again. This happens every single time someone uses the chairs at the chess table and it's frustrating to have to continutally replace the chairs.

This also happens quite a bit at my dining room tables/chairs sets too. I thought it might be the type of flooring you use but this happens on carpet, tile, wood and all flooring types. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 10:15 PM
It could be a mod, try taking any chairs youve downloaded out of the downloads folder
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:53 AM
I haven't downloaded any chairs. Any more suggestions?
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 6:54 AM
I don't have any suggestions, but this has recently started happening to me too. Not very often, but then I often don't have any chess tables in my houses -- I usually go with the cheap telescope and/or biotech station for logic points.

I have yet to try the replace-the-chair fix, but figure it'd probably work.

The family this has been happening to is two adult males I've had around for a very long time, plus three adopted sons. I haven't downloaded any new chair meshes that I can recall; I do have a lot of chair recolors, but the chairs in question are Maxis originals.