Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:20 AM Last edited by tombromley123 : 17th Apr 2017 at 1:25 AM. Reason: Confusion

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Rabbit holes cannot be placed on any lot in 'edit town'
Computer:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB RAM
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

So I recently downloaded a new world and put it onto my Sims 3 game. I went onto 'Edit Town' and I wanted to edit certain things about the world. Whilst everything else was OK in build and buy mode, for some reason I cannot seem to place rabbit holes down, it is not they are too big either, and it doesn't even tell me why I can't put it down. Cheats didn't do anything either so I thought it may be something to do with the world so I tried using edit town in a completely different world and placing a rabbit hole didn't work either on any community lot. So I got rid of the custom world but that didn't do anything. It is becoming deeply irritating because I have tried every way possible to sort it out and it is not like its a common issue either. I have tried everywhere online for an answer and no luck. If you have any solutions that will be appreciated
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:59 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by can't place them. Do you mean they are highlighted red when you try and drop one on a lot or do you mean they're not showing up in game? Did you try placing them with moveobjects on? Can you clarify a little more plz?

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
I'm not sure what you mean by can't place them. Do you mean they are highlighted red when you try and drop one on a lot or do you mean they're not showing up in game? Did you try placing them with moveobjects on? Can you clarify a little more plz?
basically I can pick them up, but when I try to place them it's all highlighted red and it doesnt say why I can't place them, and yes ive tried moveobjects on
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:32 PM
I remember that this happened following a patch- prior to that I used to be able to place rabbitholes okay. After, I had to place them using moveobjects on, even if they were small enough to fit the lot. Have you tried this, @tombromley123 ?
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:31 PM
All I can think of is, in Live Mode. do testingcheatsenabled true then Shift and Click on the lot you want to edit and click 'Build On This Lot'. See if you are able to place them via that method then you will know if it's an Edit Town issue or not.
Another option would be to use Rabbit Hole Rugs to make your own buildings. I hope you get it resolved.#
Someone else had the same issue here but doesn't quite say how they got it working? Perhaps the lot wasn't big enough?
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...e-rabbit-holes/

Rabbit Hole Rugs: http://modthesims.info/d/411270

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 10:12 PM
Sorry for me not responding in a while, but I tried literally everything to the point I just use rugs now, but thanks anyway for your help!