Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Saved N001 hood NOT Pleasantview, won't open
Forgive me for being a SimNinny. But I'm at a loss of why I am unable to open my saved game after reinstalling my Sims 2 game (and reinstalling Windows 7). In fact, my saved game does not show up in the menu at all. And, unless I make a new game file, Pleasantview doesn't show up in the menu either.

Info that you'll probably need to know:

As before, I have installed Jawusa's empty templates in my program files.

All along, I've saved my game files as I've saved all my game files as N001a - first generation; N001b - second generation; N001c - greenhouse; etc. saving the progress of my game. Until reinstalling my Sims 2, I've had no problem using these neighborhood files to revert back to a previous game.

Surprisingly, my N001 game is NOT Pleasantview. After doing an image search of terrains, I've noticed that my N001 is based on Belladona Cove. When I created my game, I used the create new game option, chose my terrain and started playing.

How I got here:
Ran Sims 2, but did not open any game in the menu. I deleted the cache files. I added in a Downloads folder with the bare basics (necessary mods plus hair files). I deleted the N001 file made by the game in MyDocuments and replaced it with my saved N001 file(s). Each time I run the game, the menu opens with Strangetown, Veronaville and the Create a new game option. Neither Pleasantview, nor my saved game (Povertyville) shows in the menu.

I'm guessing the problem has something to do with my game being named N001 and not being Pleasantview. But I'm not sure. Any advice someone could give would be appreciated.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 12:09 AM
What type of game Do you have, the UC or disk version.

If disk version did you patch each disk after install?

If UC did you check for updates by right clicking on the UC icon in Origin?

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 12:14 AM
Deleting Pleasantview and putting in your own N001 should not worry the game. Try deleting the neighbourhood manager file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:58 AM
I have discs. They are the Sims 2 Double Deluxe and the newer compilation EPs (Best of Business, Fun with Pets, etc.) I don't think these versions need a patch. At least I've never had to use a patch before.

I tried deleting the neighborhood manager file. (Didn't know I could do that) A new came up, but it still won't open.

edited to add:
I just gave myself a big thump in the head because I think I know the problem --

In the past, my game has opened up saying it was the Sims Store version. This time, I unchecked the boxes for the Sim Store and the Sims 3 preview because I figured they'd unnecessarily take up space. But now, when my game opens, it asks for the Pets CD and opens as Sims Pets. I bet my saved game requires the Sims Store in order to run.

Well, that puts things in a whole new light. I do not want Store Edition, it's EP99 folder or any of that stuff. And my saved game had a downloads folder with stuff I've since deleted -- some of it NPC-based CC. My recent readings say that deleting those things could cause the game to glitch down the road. So, I guess it's probably best not to look back.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 4:13 AM
Yes unfortunately the store addition is kind of a piranha, all hoods saved on that won't work without it. So you need to decide if you want the hood enough to keep the store addition, personally I would toss store and start over fresh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Yes unfortunately the store addition is kind of a piranha, all hoods saved on that won't work without it. So you need to decide if you want the hood enough to keep the store addition, personally I would toss store and start over fresh.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Start fresh. Start clean.

Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 5:54 AM
Can I recommend my Beginning Hood series, just click the link in my sig if you want to take a look.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:14 AM
Thanks, Marka93. The Beginning Hoods look great.
Oh, and I love what you've done with the Victorian Value home.

Shipwreck Island
Scholar
#9 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:43 PM
You don't have to lose your old neighbourhood to run it in M&G. Store Edition sets the EP version to 0x1F or a whopping 14 (0x0E) EP/SPs higher than M&G in the neighbourhood's ID Number (IDNO). To run it in M&G you'll need to change that in SimPE using the Hex Editor to a value of 0x11. It's not very difficult since the value of 0x1F is likely to only exist once. Store Edition adds nothing to the game so you won't lose a thing running without it.
If you don't understand how or can't do it, then if you can extract just the (IDNO) and can get it to me I'll change it for you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You don't have to lose your old neighbourhood to run it in M&G. Store Edition sets the EP version to 0x1F or a whopping 14 (0x0E) EP/SPs higher than M&G in the neighbourhood's ID Number (IDNO). To run it in M&G you'll need to change that in SimPE using the Hex Editor to a value of 0x11. It's not very difficult since the value of 0x1F is likely to only exist once. Store Edition adds nothing to the game so you won't lose a thing running without it.
If you don't understand how or can't do it, then if you can extract just the (IDNO) and can get it to me I'll change it for you.

Chris, how nice of you to offer to help! You're off the hook, though.
For better or worse, I flushed that game out of my recycle bin last night. I've started a new game and I'm not looking back.

Just for the record, your post was like a mixture of foreign language and mathematics. Both are subjects I struggled with 100 years ago when I was in high school.
I do hope that one day I'll be able to decipher its meaning and be prepared for the next time.

SIMelissa <-- technically challenged

Shipwreck Island
Instructor
#11 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

im having this problem too. what exactly do i have to edit in simPe? i know how to open up the neighboorhood, but what under the options do i have to change?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prime
im having this problem too. what exactly do i have to edit in simPe? i know how to open up the neighboorhood, but what under the options do i have to change?

It's probably better to open your own thread, people will be able to help you easier and you could explain what is going on with your game, and people could advise accordingly. This way people could help with your specific case :-)

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 10:55 AM
Hey, I think this is you over on reddit? Anyway, I just answered this exact question there!
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/comments/16caq75
Instructor
#14 Old 7th Sep 2023 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hey, I think this is you over on reddit? Anyway, I just answered this exact question there!
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims2help/comments/16caq75

lol! yep! you definately solved my problem thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Sep 2023 at 12:36 AM
Glad you got it fixed, well done!