Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood Flickering Red
Hi again; I found a thread related to this, but the solution was to restore Maxis lighting.

I did that, and it didn't work. I doubt it's my graphics card, because when I enter a lot it's okay.

I was thinking it may be the neighborhood, so I would delete it. I don't really care about making a new one since I'm into machinimas and nothing "serious in sims' lives." I'm, however, not sure if it'll damage my game if I delete the neighborhood's folder.

When I reinstalled, btw, and had absolutely nothing, my neighborhood was fine, that's why I can reassure it's not my graphics card.

What's the point?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 12:29 PM
Did you set the neighbourhood view to nighttime? Flashing red is usually a graphic card issue though it can come from mod conflicts too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hammyx
I was thinking it may be the neighborhood, so I would delete it.

Is it just one neighbourhood that is affected? Does it still show red when you change the day/night?

If it's just messed up in neighbourhood view I would suspect either a broken or unsuitable shader mod or lighting mod. There have been a lot of mods released recently that could affect your neighbourhood view, such as shader mods or hood deco light mods. Lighting mods could also affect your game data files, so deleting a neighbourhood is probably not going to solve this, but removing mods might. If you think you had a lighting mod installed, you may have to reinstall if you can't restore the lighting files to vanilla.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Hammyx : 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:17 PM. Reason: May be useful information
It only happens during the day and is in every neighborhood. I don't know what I should delete then, since I restore maxis lighting with scriptorioum and the problem persisted. Unless I have to delete every package related to lightning, even CAS one? I always had these downloads; the problem started when I had to reinstall the game and then combined my folder my the new ones, but I replaced the necessary files, so I don't know

EDIT: When I pressed L for it to be night, It was fine. Then I wanted it to be day again, AND IT WAS FINE. But it was not with the same lighting you see when you enter the neighborhood for the first time. What could it be? It was another type of "day". I'm gonna put pictures.

I didn't post how it looked red because (1) I think you already know xD (2) Forgot to take a picture of it, AND, when I changed neighborhood after messing with day/night, this one I clicked, didn't flicker red but was like the pictures I attached. What the hell? xD
Screenshots

What's the point?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:21 PM
Drag your Documents/ EA Games folder to the desktop and run the game to create a fresh set. Enter one of the default Maxis neighbourhoods. Is the problem still there?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Hammyx : 3rd Sep 2017 at 6:42 PM. Reason: just in case...
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Drag your Documents/ EA Games folder to the desktop and run the game to create a fresh set. Enter one of the default Maxis neighbourhoods. Is the problem still there?

Removed EA Games folder. Problem persisted.

I'm sure now it's a problem with the lightning. But I still don't know how to fix it?

EDIT: Just in case, I have changed my config files as well so my game runs as well as possible. I had done this before, and there were no problems.

What's the point?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:05 PM
Which config files? Graphics rules perhaps? Which lighting mod did you install that necessitated a restore of the Maxis lights with scriptorium?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:08 PM
Which config files? Graphics rules perhaps?

Yeah, that one, video cards, video capture... But it always worked fine with my card... (AMD R7 M265 by the way.)

What's the point?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
Which config files? Graphics rules perhaps? Which lighting mod did you install that necessitated a restore of the Maxis lights with scriptorium?

the scriptorium one itself lol xD and another package for bodyshop... but even if I delete them, the neighborhood is the same...

What's the point?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:09 PM
Yeah, that one, video cards, video capture... But it always worked fine with my card... (AMD R7 M265 by the way.)

Did you backup these files before changing them? If so, restore your backup.

the scriptorium one itself lol xD and another package for bodyshop... but even if I delete them, the neighborhood is the same...

You mean the Radiance Lighting Mod? And you installed that through scriptorium, and restored the Maxis lighting through scriptorium? Which package did you install for Bodyshop?

If you didn't backup any files that you modded and so cannot restore them, then your best bet would be to reinstall to solve this problem. You could restore files from your install discs, but if you don't know exactly which files you changed, this can be tricky- and you may have to repatch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:14 PM
Did you backup these files before changing them? If so, restore your backup.

You mean the Radiance Lighting Mod? And you installed that through scriptorium, and restored the Maxis lighting through scriptorium? Which package did you install for Bodyshop?

If you didn't backup any files that you modded and so cannot restore them, then your best bet would be to reinstall to solve this problem. You could restore files from your install discs, but if you don't know exactly which files you changed, this can be tricky- and you may have to repatch.

Crap, I didn't back them up. Didn't think I had to :/ Yes, that mod. The package's name is casielightsreplacementwhXB (i think it's for bodyshop(?

I don't want to reinstall again haha xD I'm gonna check it one more time.

What's the point?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:19 PM
Yes, you should backup any files before you change them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:34 AM
Yes, you should backup any files before you change them.

Well, removed that thing and nothing was fixed. Guess I'll have to deal with it for a while since I'm too lazy to reinstall now xD

I'm gonna post again when I "solve" it ^^

What's the point?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 2:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, could the problem be related with Microsoft C++ Visuals?

What's the point?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:15 AM
No, that's Visual Studio and not related to the game.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:48 PM
I've had this exact issue. I have narrowed it down to replacing lighting.txt and .nlo files. For some reason you have to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it, replacing original files doesn't work.

It could be a conflict between my graphicsrules and the lighting.txt, but I have not gotten that far in testing. I will now have to test one by one to see which stuffs that up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've had this exact issue. I have narrowed it down to replacing lighting.txt and .nlo files. For some reason you have to uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it, replacing original files doesn't work.

It could be a conflict between my graphicsrules and the lighting.txt, but I have not gotten that far in testing. I will now have to test one by one to see which stuffs that up.

but if I reinstall it, can I change config and graphic rules again without issues? That's the thing: if I can't, I have no intentions into doing so xD when I edit mini videos I don't really care about the neighborhood. But I care about my laptop so...

What's the point?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 12:57 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I've edited my graphicsrules.sgr and it is running fine. It's the lighting mods that create the issue.

That's good to know, tho it's really weird... It had never happened :s thanks!!

What's the point?