Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2017 at 11:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Supernatural
Default Sims 3 plays at over 200 FPS
So I just got a new gaming laptop and wanted to play the sims 3. My laptop has a GTX 1050 Ti and I'm glad my game recognized the graphic card right away, but the problem is that the game plays at well over 200 FPS. I've changed in-game settings to have it play at 60 FPS, did not work. I also went to the NVDIA control panel and put the Vsynch on so it should automatically only allow TS3 to play at 60 FPS, but it still shows it's playing at over 200 FPS (I clicked CTRL+SHIFT and typed 'fps on' to view the FPS in-game)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:32 AM
I do not use NVIDIA's control panel but have NVIDIA Inspector Installed and that works for capping fps. @nitromon has instructions and illustrations that will help with the settings Here In Post #12
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I do not use NVIDIA's control panel but have NVIDIA Inspector Installed and that works for capping fps.
@nitromon has instructions and illustrations that will help with the settings Here In Post #12

Thank you so much, this actually worked.