Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Skill Gates Won't Validate
Mods: I have the whole Director's Cut up to AL, ACR, and No Sim Loaded.

So I added Meadow Thayer to my college household via the option on the college neighborhood screen. She declares philosophy as a major and already has all the necessary skill points to not have any skill gates on class performance. But! It only displays that the lowest gate is filled in with red after writing a term paper. I change her major to something else, trying to clear the stuck bits, didn't help. I changed it back, tried taking away a point and having her gain it back, nothing. All else seems to be in working order in this new college, aside from my game tips...resetting? Never had them on in the first place???? But no issues in main neighborhood either. Fixes very appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:08 AM
This is a common glitch and it won't affect her actual grades. In fact, take her off the lot and look at her grade bar - I bet the glitch will be gone and you'll see that she's about to make dean's list. It's a lot glitch, but it only affects some sims on the lot, and I've never found a common factor. It's annoying, but it's purely cosmetic - the game knows what her real grade should be.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
This is a common glitch and it won't affect her actual grades. In fact, take her off the lot and look at her grade bar - I bet the glitch will be gone and you'll see that she's about to make dean's list. It's a lot glitch, but it only affects some sims on the lot, and I've never found a common factor. It's annoying, but it's purely cosmetic - the game knows what her real grade should be.

Whew! That's a relief! I thought she was majorly borked. Thanks so very much for your answer!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:57 AM
@DameMika if you want to know what a College Student's Grades are when you check you can use Cyjon's Debugger, it looks like a Pizza Box and it will display what the current grade is and it will display when the expected grade will be. It has a number of other uses and I find it useful.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.