Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom doors not working in apartment lots
I've googled but haven't found any answers, so I'm asking on here for help instead. Has anyone solved the problem with custom doors and arches not being recognised as part of an apartment lot? Some do and some don't, and since there's no logic behind it I'm just getting frustrated. Placing the doors works fine, but if you move a family in, the rooms to which the custom doors go to aren't being recognised as a part of the apartment. Off the top of my head, I remember that the Torrox doors by moune999 as well as the paneled doors by Raynuss doesn't work, but the georgian french doors by phoenix_phaerie do.

Any help, even if it's just an "there's no solution" is appreciated!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:44 PM
Have you tried the normal process for updating pre-EP objects to be EP-ready?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:53 PM
if the doors are still downloadable, might check if the respective pages mention the problem.

maybe also check the apartments where you put the doors; perhaps some of the doors lead to "common area". only door to or from "common area" should be the apartment door (Unique Separator).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Have you tried the normal process for updating pre-EP objects to be EP-ready?

I have. Oh, and I have the ultimate collection if that makes any difference.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if the doors are still downloadable, might check if the respective pages mention the problem.

maybe also check the apartments where you put the doors; perhaps some of the doors lead to "common area". only door to or from "common area" should be the apartment door (Unique Separator).

I should have specified; it's the interior doors within the apartment that are giving me trouble, not the Unique Separator.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM
All I can think of is that these CC have been done way before AL...but this is probably what Nysha meant by EP ready?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)