Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims Not Studying Special Skills? (TS2: UC)
Basically, it started a week ago. I made one of my sims study one of the special skills, I think it was Lifelong Happiness and she read for three sim hours, but the skill bar didn't move. What I'm trying to say is that there was no progress. It works fine for the other skills, like Mechanical. In the past, Sims would learn the skill in approximately two-three Sim days and it was all fine. I even had children who had maxed out the Fire Safety skill! I don't know what the problem is.
I even got a mod from here to make Sims study the special skills faster, but no results. If I repair my game in Origin, will that help? Has anyone experienced such issue? I double-checked if the mod was not compatible with any other hacks (via a program from here) and it was fine.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 5:29 PM
The only way to be sure it's not a mod conflict is to test it without your downloads folder. The HCDU only detects specific kinds of mod conflicts; it does not, and was never intended to, detect every possible ramification of putting any two mods together. If two (or three, or four) mods don't address the same lines of codes, they won't be marked as conflicting by the HCDU; but if, for example, they all address different codes that interact with the same feature, they may mess each other up anyway. Also, a bit of weirdness in a piece of custom content not intended to mod the game can have startling and improbable-looking results. We all have our stories; mine is a blouse that crashed the game when someone wearing it tried to use the photobooth to take a picture. Sometimes people's individual computer set-ups seem to behave differently with the same mods, as with the small number of users who tried to use Cyjon's original Slower LTA Gain and found that it froze their vacation clocks, an affect Cyjon compared to the toilets flushing when the lights came on. Most people used it fine and those of us who had the problem never figured out what we had in common.

Repairing the game on Origin will only help if the problem is in the game files, and mod problems are much more likely, so back up your game and test without your downloads folder first. That way, you'll know for sure.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:23 PM Last edited by cupcakescankill : 19th Feb 2018 at 11:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The only way to be sure it's not a mod conflict is to test it without your downloads folder. The HCDU only detects specific kinds of mod conflicts; it does not, and was never intended to, detect every possible ramification of putting any two mods together. If two (or three, or four) mods don't address the same lines of codes, they won't be marked as conflicting by the HCDU; but if, for example, they all address different codes that interact with the same feature, they may mess each other up anyway. Also, a bit of weirdness in a piece of custom content not intended to mod the game can have startling and improbable-looking results. We all have our stories; mine is a blouse that crashed the game when someone wearing it tried to use the photobooth to take a picture. Sometimes people's individual computer set-ups seem to behave differently with the same mods, as with the small number of users who tried to use Cyjon's original Slower LTA Gain and found that it froze their vacation clocks, an affect Cyjon compared to the toilets flushing when the lights came on. Most people used it fine and those of us who had the problem never figured out what we had in common.

Repairing the game on Origin will only help if the problem is in the game files, and mod problems are much more likely, so back up your game and test without your downloads folder first. That way, you'll know for sure.

Thanks! I'll definitely try that

EDIT: I FIXED IT! Now I gotta back-up my game!