Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 9:59 PM
Custom Worlds
Does anyone know of any really cool custom worlds? I know there are lots and lots of them people have created, but I'm really no good at finding them. More specifically, because I have all the expansion packs, I like being able to play my sims in one world, but to be able to have the functions of the different expansions. So what I'm looking for is a world that is has lots of nightlife and venues, but also a good rural community to it as well. Something that also have scuba diving spots, maybe some hidden islands. Basically, I'm looking for a world where I can have multiple generations of sims who can all do wildly different things without having to move them to a new world so they have access to more stuff they need. It would be great if it's populated, but it doesn't have to be.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 11:09 PM
I play suuuuper tiny worlds but for large well made worlds that include most of what you're looking for, I recommend http://www.mysimrealty.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 8:09 AM
Favorite Custom Worlds thread on MTS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=433957

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:49 PM
I have one like that that I was working on in CAW and I should get back to work on it though It won't require all expansions to play.It will be larger and empty with room for everything to be added and IP playable.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:59 PM
Well....
There are pretty worlds that aren't playable, and there are ugly worlds that you can play.
People make mistakes - even EA makes mistakes. EA made the Goth house in Sunset Valley and one of the Houses in University so small yet full of stuff that if your sim is going to throw a spell at another sim, they both go outside to do it.
"I'm going to turn you into a toad", Samantha the witch said.
"Okay", says Victor Victim, "but can we go outside? It's a little cramped in here."
Samantha muses... "Yeah, there's no room here. Let's meet in the garage"

If you want to add a crib, a pegbox, and a potty, forget it. Better have a plant sim baby cuz it goes outside.
There's another house in University where sims get stuck on the porch. I learned that when the game starts doing the "30 second play, 30 second pause" thing it can mean someone's moved into that house and is stuck on the porch. That's the first thing I check.
Or Pizza deliveries that are done on the front lawn because the porch isn't at least an unobstructed 3x3.
I tend to get pretty worlds because they catch the eye... Then I play them, make a note of what doesn't work, and at some point, edit them.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#6 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 5:42 PM
I know of a lot of really cool-looking Sims 3 worlds, but they all require aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the EPs. And even SPs, at times.
Which makes the ones I like, and the ones I can actually play, a much smaller pool than it should be.
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 6:57 PM
Hey Emmett, which house in Uni?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Hey Emmett, which house in Uni?

Oh golly.... I'll have to look for the names.
One has a narrow porch the width of the house with columns. That one people get stuck on the porch. I copied this house and put a witch family in and they're always getting stuck if I forget to fix the porch. They're always getting stuck. Lately I've been using Overwatch so it's not as big a problem.
There's also a two story, three bedroom (iirc) house with a detached garage. It's a block or so away from the campus. That's one where they go out to the garage to cast a spell (or anything else that requires distance, like alien mind read or get a DNA sample).
Pretty houses but they have their problem with play-ability.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 8:14 AM
My legacy family lived in a pretty big house in a world I did and each time they had one of those gift giving parties I had to take most of the furniture out of the living room. LOL
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 9:37 AM
That's also my gripe with many of the houses in Oasis Landing, the future world. They're all huge and extremely expensive but not really a pleasure to play in.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
That's also my gripe with many of the houses in Oasis Landing, the future world. They're all huge and extremely expensive but not really a pleasure to play in.

Exactly! Those little platform things are a menace to simkind, and they're everywhere. Your toddler sim decides they're going to sit on the edge of one, and there's no way to pick him up! They get stuck there. Another good reason to get NRAAS overwatch.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzette Wainwhat
can anyone make a susan wainwright themed world, or is sunset valley enough, I will edit it to perfection

I would say Sunset Valley is the perfect world in which to redesign her life, appearance and environment, leading her life in all beauty, opulence and happiness. That is where she was introduced, and it shoud be plenty sources of inspiration there.
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:10 PM
I have a quick question about Hylewood, for anyone who may use it or have used it. Seems to be a really small one; so I suppose this is a world mostly designed for custom, small-sized rabbitholes or rabbithole rugs?
Instructor
#16 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I have a quick question about Hylewood, for anyone who may use it or have used it. Seems to be a really small one; so I suppose this is a world mostly designed for custom, small-sized rabbitholes or rabbithole rugs?

Yeah, definitely. I downloaded... I think it's a save of it that has the vast majority of the rabbit holes and town locations on a 64x64 lot and it's very cool, but it can get laggy because of all the sims waiting to get in and out of locations there. I have the 'townies out on the town' mod though, I think it's by Shimrod, and that definitely is part of it.