Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:44 AM
Default Error on load. Origin UC - GTX 1070
Hello. I have done just about everything I could find to fix this. Every time I load up my game, I get an error:

I have tried changing the config files and just about every potential fix I could find with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:40 AM
If you are on windows 10, try to restart your pc (it should put dropped drivers back)
if you are not on Windows 10, try to repair the game in Origin.Make sure that the game works before changing the graphic rules for your screen card.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
If you are on windows 10, try to restart your pc (it should put dropped drivers back)
if you are not on Windows 10, try to repair the game in Origin.Make sure that the game works before changing the graphic rules for your screen card.

I forgot to mention that yes, I am on Windows 10. No luck after restating my pc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:05 AM
Try to repair the game in Origin. (You will have to redo some things afterwards, but get it working first).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Try to repair the game in Origin. (You will have to redo some things afterwards, but get it working first).

No luck. I'm going to try and contact EA to see if I can get any help.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:20 PM
I had the same problem http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602524
I can only tell you that origin/EA wasn't helping me at all. After repairing it 3 or 4 times (and deleting cache before and restarting the PC) it suddenly worked again. I know that's not really an answer but maybe that's just some type of "bug" from origin
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jezzfrompleasantview
I had the same problem http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602524
I can only tell you that origin/EA wasn't helping me at all. After repairing it 3 or 4 times (and deleting cache before and restarting the PC) it suddenly worked again. I know that's not really an answer but maybe that's just some type of "bug" from origin

Huh, so eventually you stopped getting the Directx error? I hope I get as lucky. It runs fine on my older Windows 10 laptop, but it would be a hassle to bring it out every time I want to play Sims 2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:35 AM
I contacted EA. Did a whole bunch of stuff.

Still get the error. Apparently it is flat out incompatible with Windows 10...?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:59 AM
No it is not - see the article in my signature. I have played UC on Windows 10 for since 10 became available, I also played it on Windows 7 before.