Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:46 PM
Default Possible Release Date
This is far from official, but it was on the 1up.com site

The Sims 3 (PC)

Release Date: 12/15/2009
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Genre: Simulation
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Redwood Shores

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3166827

I'll die if that's the real release date, although all release dates are generally tentative

Edit: I keep finding stuff

Sims 3 First Details
COMING SOON: More details and first screens of The Sims 3! Find out more of what's in store for everyone's favorite fake people.

It looks like they'll have the first screen shots on their website when they're released in case you don't subscribe

Edit Again: Sorry lol. It appears they archive old issues on the website, so I guess we'll all get to see the story after the issue comes out

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3157208
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:38 PM
Hence the reason I said far from official. I only pay attention to official announcements as well. It was there so I thought I'd put it out there
#3 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
Hopefully they will stick to fiscal 09... But if not, I hope the make it really awesome and bug free.
#4 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:23 PM
No game will ever, ever be released entirely bug free.. The 100 or so people who end up play testing any of the sims games can't compare to the thousands of people who buy the game and are able to discover every last detail/bug.
I don't get why everyone on this site so adamantly demands something that's impossible. Besides, most of the bugs aren't even that major and can be played around, and then are usually brought to EA's attention and fixed with a patch.
No big deal
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 7:46 PM
sometimes people just need to complain. Either that or they don't understand how many different computer configurations there are in the world and that unless EA hires thousand of play testers with thousand of configurations they can't release bug free software
#6 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:00 PM
I said hopefully. Not it must be.
I was saying if they are going to push a release date pretty far back they should have more content and more fixes.

Also, that is why software is pushed backed, to have it's bugs fixed. So it goes to follow that's it's not illogical to want such a thing to happen.
#7 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 8:49 PM
if that's the release date, it's 1 day before my girlfriend's birthday . . . !
#8 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
No game will ever, ever be released entirely bug free..

No EAXis game you mean I know what you mean, but I have played many many games and never encountered so many bugs, or heard of so many bugs--all the 1s Ive gotten are from EAXis games...
Even if they held it back 100 years to "fix bugs", within days people will be reporting bugs. :down:
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
This is far from official, but it was on the 1up.com site

The Sims 3 (PC)

Release Date: 12/15/2009
ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
Genre: Simulation
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Electronic Arts Redwood Shores

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3166827

I'll die if that's the real release date, although all release dates are generally tentative

Edit: I keep finding stuff

Sims 3 First Details
COMING SOON: More details and first screens of The Sims 3! Find out more of what's in store for everyone's favorite fake people.

It looks like they'll have the first screen shots on their website when they're released in case you don't subscribe

Edit Again: Sorry lol. It appears they archive old issues on the website, so I guess we'll all get to see the story after the issue comes out

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3157208

omg! that's my b-day! woo hoo! i'll be...24? god that's kinda scary i've been playing sense i was i junior high i think...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:18 PM
15th of December 2009, feels a bit far off, unless they want to release it during the xmas rush.

My big guess is April 2009, but don't be surprised if its delayed till at least till September 2009, like TheSims2.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:24 PM
i'm hoping for later this year, honestly with the amount of bugs and crap already released in the game i don't think it would make a difference, at the most april of next year...and for all we know, they probably started working on this a year or two ago and are just now letting info out because they're nearly done...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:32 PM
As I said before and I'll say it again... I'd much rather have a later date and have the game to be less buggy than to have a sooner date and have the game to be more buggy. Sure, there may be a patch because not all bugs are going to be caught... but at least having a later date means more time to capture the bugs.
#13 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
As I said before and I'll say it again... I'd much rather have a later date and have the game to be less buggy than to have a sooner date and have the game to be more buggy. Sure, there may be a patch because not all bugs are going to be caught... but at least having a later date means more time to capture the bugs.

I agree with you, I can wait . . . I just want it to be good. Well, that's a lie. I don't want it to be good. I want it to be the best game released ever at that point in time, regardless of platform, or time being developed.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:31 AM
I don't get why everyone on this site so adamantly demands something that's impossible. Besides, most of the bugs aren't even that major and can be played around, and then are usually brought to EA's attention and fixed with a patch.
No big deal

I'm with you on this one - I won't deny that I've encountered a few bugs in the game and its expansion packs, but none of them have ever harmed my game in any way, most of them are too minor to even care about, and nearly all of them can be fixed with either a patch or a mod.
#15 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:40 AM
I remember in The Sims 1 (before the 1st patch) in my first house (the first cheap house at the bottom left on the 'hood screen) I was eating one of those instant meals and then my car pool came. I didn't get a chance to clean it up, and when I came home it had all the flies on it and stuff, as we all remember fondly. Unfortunately, I was unable to clean that up, and eventually (because it made the room score go way down over the next few days) I had to just build a square wall around it, and call it a load bearing pillar, so that my sims would get all upset when in the kitchen, lol . . .
Instructor
#16 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 11:55 AM
Information on Sims 3 is supposedly being announced on March 19th.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...lyadded;title;1

http://thesims3.ea.com/
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 2:10 PM
I sort of expected it to be released this time next year - 18 months seems *really* far away. I don't know much about gaming, but do the official websites usually release info on games that far in advance?!

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind upgrading my computer to get the game if it was end of 2009, as my computer would be nearly 4 years old by then anyway.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 2:41 PM
I HOPE this is the true release date but I don't believe it. I guess EAxis are always trying to haste everything. But I have a feeling that TS3 won't be as big success as TS2......
I find it bad that they only give me a year more to enjoy TS2 and freetime......... I really really hope the game won't come in late 2008!
#19 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I HOPE this is the true release date but I don't believe it. I guess EAxis are always trying to haste everything. But I have a feeling that TS3 won't be as big success as TS2......
I find it bad that they only give me a year more to enjoy TS2 and freetime......... I really really hope the game won't come in late 2008!

You can choose to have a year for The Sims 2 if you want. No one said you have to buy The Sims 3 the moment it comes out.
TS3 is hardly being rushed. TS2 is already an old game by industry standards.
Some of us are sick of TS2 and want 3 to hurry up already! :P
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 11:51 PM
YAY! I wouldnt mind if the release date was then; i can just see myself begging each and every one of my family members to buy me it for Christmas.. x]

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Field Researcher
#21 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 1:10 AM
You can choose to have a year for The Sims 2 if you want. No one said you have to buy The Sims 3 the moment it comes out.
TS3 is hardly being rushed. TS2 is already an old game by industry standards.
Some of us are sick of TS2 and want 3 to hurry up already! :P

The biggest problem isn't that I don't want TS3. It's that I love TS2 and I (like some other simmers) think it gives me exactly what I want. And I don't like much when a game is old and thrown away and all content sites and communities are down. But I will probably play TS3 when it comes out. Maybe it will be a GREAT success. When I decide to not play a game I get tempted to play it anyway.....
I'm trying not to be sour and bitter about TS3 (I may sound that way) but I just think that maxis are rushing it. TS1 was boring but I think there is too much more that could be done with TS2. Maybe because I started playing TS2 2 years ago?

Just as you should know.... I am also looking forwards to TS3 and I'm really excited about what they are gonna make out of it! But one side of me wants it and another doesn't......
#22 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 10:42 AM
That makes sense. I've played TS2 since the moment of it's release, and I've done everything with it I want to. I still am actively playing it because things like genetics and house building that can be progressed through my own experiments and ideas without actual game improvement keep me interested. However, as I've stated in a few different threads, the Sims AI is terrible.. They are soo predictable! I find I can't stand to play one lot for longer than about one Sim's lifespan. I can't wait to start new and fresh with everything, including Sims with better AI!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 4:37 AM
I don't want EA to rush TS3! If they do it is going to be buggier than it needs to be. If they can finally take their time on this, the game could even better than we could ever imagine. Rushed games seem to be buggier than non-rushed games.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I don't want EA to rush TS3! If they do it is going to be buggier than it needs to be. If they can finally take their time on this, the game could even better than we could ever imagine. Rushed games seem to be buggier than non-rushed games.

I agree there.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:11 AM
So some sites may list TS3 with a specific date just to have a date listed but it does not necessarily mean it will be the official date.
Page 1 of 2