Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:08 AM
Default Changed my mind about Sims3
I was mad that they were making a Sims 3 so soon and i was just thinking... oh man! no more... i can barely catch up with Sims2 with he EP's and SP's lol
But i've been looking into Sims3 and im really impressed! and i really want it now... also i think once sims 3 comes out i'll uninstall Sims 2 and Sim Cities cause both are laggy on my computer and Sims 3 is suppose to work vey well with older PC's... even though mines not that old (it was brand new when sims 2 first came out)
So what are you all thinking about Sims3? is it gonna be worth it? changed your mine aswell? or still not into it.

^_Q
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:14 AM
Yeah I definatley think it is going to be worth it. I was a little skeptical at first too about getting, but then I saw how much they have improved!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:22 AM
I'm still skeptical,so far the only thing that has impressed me is that photo of the living room with the light streaming through the windows.Im still waiting to see something that would justify me buying it.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:37 AM
I'm waiting until they release more info since what they have released doesn't seem to say much. I'm definetly not making a decision about buying it until I see the specs and find out if my comp will run it.
#5 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:40 AM
Well, I don't think I'll get it because I love my sims2 too much!! I still play sims1 for crying out loud Nah, I'mma stick to sims2
Theorist
#6 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 4:50 AM
I changed my mind too, but it's the opposite. I thought it would be awesome but after seeing the screens and reading the articles, meh. Not interested at all.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:59 AM
I am definitely interested by the new information the site has put up. It gives you all new options on building and creating Sims and furniture. No more horrible matching sets and carpets you can choose the exact colors and patters you want. Also new seamless a neighborhood gives you far more freedom and makes the individual families less boring. Also it makes it seem far moroe realistic.
According to the updated official website you can also completely control you sims physique no more just fat normal and fit. You an now make them skinny and muscley or heavy but full of curves. (Awesome) I am also looking forward to being able to see the actual neighborhood be useful for something and being able to interact wiht you neighbors and visit. .
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 6:31 AM
Honestly, I wasn't planning on getting it either. I love my sims2 and I've put so much time and effort on my sims. Then all the articles came out, and the pictures. Now i'm ready for the sims 3. The thought that my sims can peek through neighbors windows and trash, that just makes me laugh out loud. There seems to be so much that sparks my interest. Hopefully it won't be a let down. But yes, now I want it.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 6:44 AM
At first I thought it was too soon, but hasn't it been about the same amount of time between TS1 and TS2? I think it'll be worth it. Plus we got a year or so before its released and you don't have to buy it right away.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 6:50 AM
I am thinking "Sims 2 is already good why a sims 3?" But I would realize I should get it so it looks better and if there is any continuation with the Pleasantview mystery.
Instructor
#11 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
I am thinking "Sims 2 is already good why a sims 3?" But I would realize I should get it so it looks better and if there is any continuation with the Pleasantview mystery.

That is a good point, when you said the Sims 2 is already good why the sims 3, but for those who have been playing the sims 2 since its release date look at themselves as Sims 2 veterans, and now I think its time to be a newbie again, and experience something new, and improved!!!lol
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 11:06 AM
Personally, I'm lookign forward to it. Can't wait to design and build my own city and see the sims walk around the city admiring the scenery. Wonder if we'll be able to have tourist tours.
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 2:06 PM
I wasn't very interested at the beginning (still in Sims 2) but now I'm changing my mind. :p
This game promise a lot (traits, open neighborhood, new light system in house, finer grid, easy recolor of furniture and walls...) and now I'm researching all informations on it, eager to its release. A good customer strategy for EA. :D
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 3:54 PM
I honestly don't think I'm going to get it. I like the way you can walk through your neighborhood and all, but I'm so invested in TS2 and I feel like I haven't even played that properly! I've never had a business for more than two Simdays, I've never played through uni, I've never had a legacy... there are so many different ways to play, and I feel like I've only skimmed the surface. It was different with The Sims 1 -- I was younger, I was much less invested, I never even knew there was a community, and I didn't love TS1 as much as I love TS2. I may change my mind, of course, but for now I haven't seen any Sims 3 news or screenshots that make me want to say goodbye to Sims 2.
Instructor
#15 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:06 AM
You do realize that it sounds like you guys are saying, "I've already decided what I'll do a year from now..." and frankly, that sounds a little ridiculous to me. Of course you changed your mind, and you're probably going to do so many times throughout the course of a year.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 8:10 AM
Well the pictures and screenshots weren't enough to make me jump for joy in the air.

But if you read the articles on its features then you want to buy, This new gameplay is going to put TheSims2 to shame!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#17 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:58 AM
I was excited, but I have gone off it after reading Snooty's new info today. For example:

Quote:
Will The Sims 3 contain multiple Nhoods?
No, there's only 1 Nhood, but then it's extremely large - More then 90 houses, each inhabited by a Simfamily. But you can save the Nhood into different slots so that you can create multiple storylines.
Probably later, we will make tools available so you can create your own Nhood, but at release, your stuck with just one Nhood.

Note the "probably later". Sounds like what they said about the Sims 2 tool for recolouring furniture.

I dare say the *gameplay* is going to be more challenging and complex, but that's not why I play The Sims anyway. I played Castaways for a total of 20 minutes before realising it wanted me to do some sort of challenge, so I lost interest.
Theorist
#18 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 11:04 AM
It seems that I'm the only one that completely the opposite LOL. I used to look forward to it, but the more I read about it the less interested I get.

The one that really turn me off is the one that other sims' live keep going even though I'm not controlling it. That means marriage and babies will happen without my control. Definitely sucks.

Quote:
For example, if you want to model your Nhood to The Sopranos or Desperate Housewives, then you can adjust all inhabitants til they are just like those people. And then the game takes over and you become part of that world.

BLEH.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
It seems that I'm the only one that completely the opposite LOL. I used to look forward to it, but the more I read about it the less interested I get.

The one that really turn me off is the one that other sims' live keep going even though I'm not controlling it. That means marriage and babies will happen without my control. Definitely sucks.

BLEH.

Yes. I also happen to be more and more displeased about it. I want full control over my sims and I don't want the neighbors I don't play to get married and have kids while I'm not controlling. I thought the sims was about
having full control over others???
And only the fact that there is just going to be one neighborhood turns me off. No Strangetown remake! I would at least want EAxis to continue their strangeness in TS3 and make a neighborhood for the strange things.

What if there will be no aliens? No Grim Reaper?????

Will The Sims 3 contain multiple Nhoods?
No, there's only 1 Nhood, but then it's extremely large - More then 90 houses, each inhabited by a Simfamily. But you can save the Nhood into different slots so that you can create multiple storylines.
Probably later, we will make tools available so you can create your own Nhood, but at release, your stuck with just one Nhood.

So we cannot CREATE our own neighborhoods independent of Pleasant Valley? Does not sound good. Why are EAxis being mean to us? I thought Sims was about creativity and a lot of people only play custom hoods. I hope Pleasant Valley isn't a Pleasantview remake. The ideal could have been if Pleasant Valley contained a Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville neighborhood included inside the city. But will there be any possibilities to make a desert suburb or hood????

I hear that many people are not going to get it. Maybe TS3 won't be a big success at all?
I hope this place won't die out because I love this place.

For example, if you want to model your Nhood to The Sopranos or Desperate Housewives, then you can adjust all inhabitants til they are just like those people. And then the game takes over and you become part of that world.

Sopranos? Desperate Housewives???? WTF???
I thought this was The Sims. I don't even want a Star Wars hood even if I'm a die hard fan.
I want to use my own fantasy.
#20 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiamonteGirl
Well, I don't think I'll get it because I love my sims2 too much!! I still play sims1 for crying out loud Nah, I'mma stick to sims2

we'll see this later on
Field Researcher
#21 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
we'll see this later on

We'll see but I don't know if TS3 will be such a big success as TS2. One of the reasons many people still stick with TS2 is because of the customization possibilities. Not being able to make our own neighborhood is not a good sign of game progress. I feel that TS3 is stagnating at TS1 level when it comes to creativity.
#22 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
We'll see but I don't know if TS3 will be such a big success as TS2. One of the reasons many people still stick with TS2 is because of the customization possibilities. Not being able to make our own neighborhood is not a good sign of game progress. I feel that TS3 is stagnating at TS1 level when it comes to creativity.

T.T
people thought seasons would be the worst EP because it would add only seasons and the unatractive features of gardening and fishing(at least that's what i read...) and look now how people say it's the best EP;
yes, i agree that the change from 2d to 3d is a hard to beat change for a sequel;
and as for the customization thing, it will be something like spore i think... *sigh* nevermind
Field Researcher
#23 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bookworm_duo
T.T
people thought seasons would be the worst EP because it would add only seasons and the unatractive features of gardening and fishing(at least that's what i read...) and look now how people say it's the best EP;
yes, i agree that the change from 2d to 3d is a hard to beat change for a sequel;
and as for the customization thing, it will be something like spore i think... *sigh* nevermind

But maybe the game will be unmoddable and there will be no such thing as simpe, insimenator or inteen?
Maybe it won't even be possible to make custom content. A lot of simmers today would never play the game with only maxis stuff.
But only that you cannot make your own neighborhood and that unplayable sims are changing is enough for me to puke.
#24 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
But maybe the game will be unmoddable and there will be no such thing as simpe, insimenator or inteen?
Maybe it won't even be possible to make custom content. A lot of simmers today would never play the game with only maxis stuff.
But only that you cannot make your own neighborhood and that unplayable sims are changing is enough for me to puke.

It didn't say never, I'm sure they will release if there is a uproar from the fans. :P
#25 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:39 PM
I'm mixed on The Sims 3. I'm really excited to be getting more customizable body shapes and CAS features and the like, but the news of getting only one neighborhood scares me. I'll wait until we get more info, and then I'll make my decision.
Page 1 of 3