Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 7:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Upload Problem from Hell?! Need Help.
I checked the BBS for this problem as well and found nothing helpful, so I'm trying here now. I didn't find any other threads that really were relating to this particular problem, so creating a thread and praying.

I've uploaded stories in the past, houses, and sims...no problems. For some reason after completing my latest I can't upload. It's as if after signing in and filling out the necessary stuff for it, the story won't even attempt to upload at all. My internet connection is sound, and I've tried looking over files and remembering anything I've downloaded recently from here or sims resource that could be a possible cause, with no success obviously.

I'm hoping someone else may have a reason for this oddball glitch and can offer some advice. Or perhaps knows a way that I might be able to save my story along with text, because at this point all I can figure is I'll probably have to reinstall the sims and redoing this story from scratch is NOT an option.

Thanks in advance.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory."
My cat intends to conquer the world. One nap at a time.
Aysen - (Turkish) "Beautiful, Like The Moon"
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 7:16 PM
It may not be your connection at all. How big is your story? The Exchange could be ramping up their servers to prepare for University. Is it a huge story? Have you tried uploading just part of it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:18 PM
I've tried just doing empty lots and 1 page stories even to make sure on size. And double checked before starting up the sims that the sims 2 sight was up and running and not down for patching etc. Which is why I'm baffled. The only problem I had in the past was the timing out which I could take care of by restarting and reloading with no problem. I can't even get it to attempt to download at all now.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 9:00 PM
Have you upgraded your pc lately? Added Service Pack 2 to Windows XP perhaps? SP2 has its own built in firewall. Just throwing out some ideas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 2:14 AM
Under suggestion I double checked and no firewalls have been placed up with whatever patch MS did last time. I've had the Service Pack 2 since at least last July and it hasn't stopped me before.

I was finally able to download a story of 1 picture onto the site, but still nothing with my other. I moved her out of her home a couple of times, tried shortening the story by at least 30 slides. It's no longer than my last story, so I'm kinda running out of ideas.

You have any others? Appreciate the bouncing of ideas btw.