Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:21 PM
Default How do I?
Is there a way to get two sim families to live on the same property in seperate houses? Do the houses have to be apart from each other? Im trying to make a duplex and a triplex and I dont know if im wasting my time. Can anyone help? :confused:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 11:26 PM
Go to http://www.simlogical.com and download the keyholder doors. With these up to 4 Sims can have a key to a door and no other Sim (except NCP's) can enter. That way you can have separate houses on the same lot. I use them for my Retirement Home - I have 4 houses accessible only to the two Sims living there, plus one large communal building that everyone can go in.

There are other types of lockable door, but unless you want more than 4 Sims in each house, these are probably the best and they work really well.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 4:37 AM
There are true lockable doors coming in University. This is a new feature because there are dorms and frat houses and sororities. You can get Inge's doors (which are great) or you can just wait a week or so.

(BTW, I'm moving this to Tech Support since this is a "how to" thread.)