Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can't Place stairs Underneath Basemant
Hi, ever since I got into adding secret underground rooms to my played households, I've been having problems placing stairs below a basement to the upper basement, It essentially says that the stairs can't be intersecting the walls, except the stairs never intersect the walls, they never even connect to the the grid ( I've only SPORADICALLY been able to accomplish this, every time I'm certain just by Pure LUCK of it turning into a Modular Staircase). Earlier today, I actually quit Building a house that was meant for Dragon Vally when I couldn't get the stairs to connect to the basement above, and in pure frustration I temporarily stopped the progress of an edit of the McCreary Farm from on MTS (I have no intention of sharing it simply for respects of the original creator). Nothing, not even cheats like Moveobjects, and Constrainfloorelevation seem to work.

Is this a bug that EA/Maxis never fixed, the result of a mod conflict, or even an outdated mod? If anyone could help me, PLEASE DO!!!!!! (Forgive my frustration, it has been going on for quit a while now, and I'm really sick of it).
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:19 AM
We are talking about "proper" TS3 basements (World Adventures feature) and not a mixture of hollowed out foundations (I call that TS2 style) with an additional WA basement?
When I have the "Cannot Intersect Walls" error with WA basements it most often turns out that there are uneven tiles either on the ground floor or even the first floor of a lot. Yes, that's a bit weird, but what usually fixed this for me is to flatten the very ground with constrainfloorelevation on. It seems to have nothing to do with the levels below ground but the levels above ground.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
We are talking about "proper" TS3 basements (World Adventures feature) and not a mixture of hollowed out foundations (I call that TS2 style) with an additional WA basement?
When I have the "Cannot Intersect Walls" error with WA basements it most often turns out that there are uneven tiles either on the ground floor or even the first floor of a lot. Yes, that's a bit weird, but what usually fixed this for me is to flatten the very ground with constrainfloorelevation on. It seems to have nothing to do with the levels below ground but the levels above ground.

World Adventures Basement (TS3 style), and despite trying your method of fixing it, I'm still encountering this problem, even on Absolutely flat terrain from the very beginning. if this is a bug that EA/Maxis never fixed, then I'm literally considering SEUING them for faulty products (seriously, this is a bug from the very beginning, and it was never fixed).
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 2:51 PM
use moveobjects cheat. If won't work (sometimes does not for "any reason") I used to following that procedure:

1. enlarge the basement a bit: add a 1-tile wide row of space on the side "intersecting" with the stairs;
2. place the stairs;
3. delete additional basement space returning to original size.

Should do the work.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
use moveobjects cheat. If won't work (sometimes does not for "any reason") I used to following that procedure:

1. enlarge the basement a bit: add a 1-tile wide row of space on the side "intersecting" with the stairs;
2. place the stairs;
3. delete additional basement space returning to original size.

Should do the work.

Sorry for not answering right away, but I figured out what was wrong, It appeared to be that there was not enough room for the stairs to be placed, I actually was working on another build when I encountered the same problem again, but with the stairs leading to the ground floor, I was frustrated at first, but when I extended the basement a few Squares away from the curve in the passage, it finally worked! I thank you for your assistance, though I have another problem, It involves the Swiftgrow Gardening Station, whenver my sim is in the immediate vicinity of it, my sim does at least ten idles before doing a task, even when tasks are qued, Could you help me on this? (and probably unrelated, but does anyone know of a Feet Scale Slider out there, I've found sliders for other body parts, but not for the feet, I'm not talking about making the feet longer or thinner, but changing the overall size of the foot, and for that matter, a slider for the entire sim, like the Pet Size Slider).
Scholar
#6 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:04 PM
feet/shoes slider: http://modthesims.info/d/500349
height slider: http://modthesims.info/d/508972

however I know nothing about overall "size" slider (there're sliders for parts whose together with overriding sliders' range may do the trick)

I have not this item from the store. But I believe someone there will help you.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"