Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 3:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life
Default Can't Intersect Object Issue
No idea what's causing this problem.

http://i.imgur.com/zWdd14F.jpg

Basically, I cannot put anything on this 3x2 tile. I can put stuff below and above it, I can change the kind of floor tile (stone floor, wood floor, rug floor, etc), but I cannot put any objects on it, drag walls over it, or remove the actual floor tiles. There is nothing on these tiles to cause any obstruction. Anyone got any ideas?

All the threads I found online about this problem were for Sims 2 or Sims 4, or suggested nuking the entire plot.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 5:23 AM
I'm not sure if you're teasing me, but I drew that red line in MS Paint to highlight the area causing trouble.
Instructor
#4 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cottus
I'm not sure if you're teasing me, but I drew that red line in MS Paint to highlight the area causing trouble.

Aww Nitromon.. you didn't, did you?

of course you can't, that's the 2nd floor that you're trying to put some objects.., and your 2nd floor is not ready or even finish yet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Aww Nitromon.. you didn't, did you?

of course you can't, that's the 2nd floor that you're trying to put some objects.., and your 2nd floor is not ready or even finish yet

I removed everything around the problem area before taking the screenshot. Of course the floors and walls aren't done - that's because I removed them to make the problem area obvious!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 9:53 AM
I have some trouble identifying everything because of the build grid and because it seems to be a night shot, but this is the second floor, right? Is that also the last floor? Have you played this lot already? Is this a downloaded lot or have you built it yourself?
Without any further details I can think of two reasons at the moment: an invisible object like a social jig is in that spot, or some roof.
Instructor
#9 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cottus
I removed everything around the problem area before taking the screenshot. Of course the floors and walls aren't done - that's because I removed them to make the problem area obvious!

sorry I didn't know that.. you didn't say so earlier

anyway.., maybe.. how about trying to move your sim away first?? I see your sim down there at the 1st floor, probably he just came in to the room (because the door are still open) and then suddenly you just go to build mode (which made the live mode automatically paused) and do some changes, maybe your sim is the obstacle that preventing you to make some changes to your house, that happened to me sometimes too, but after I move my sims out.. everything back to normal
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
or some roof.

probably this.

Go level up and check if there's auto-roof placed.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
What happens when you try to place something? does it give you an error message?

Also, you mentioned you can draw walls "around" it, but can you draw walls through it? If not, does it give you any sort of error message?

When I try to place something, it gives me the error message "Can't Intersect Objects." I cannot draw walls through it and I get the exact same message.

I have some trouble identifying everything because of the build grid and because it seems to be a night shot, but this is the second floor, right? Is that also the last floor? Have you played this lot already? Is this a downloaded lot or have you built it yourself?
Without any further details I can think of two reasons at the moment: an invisible object like a social jig is in that spot, or some roof.

Yes, this is the second and last floor. I have played this lot already and it is a lot that was pre-built into Bridgeport - it's the 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom house just across the bridge.

Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
sorry I didn't know that.. you didn't say so earlier

anyway.., maybe.. how about trying to move your sim away first?? I see your sim down there at the 1st floor, probably he just came in to the room (because the door are still open) and then suddenly you just go to build mode (which made the live mode automatically paused) and do some changes, maybe your sim is the obstacle that preventing you to make some changes to your house, that happened to me sometimes too, but after I move my sims out.. everything back to normal

I did move my sims away and I still get the same issue.

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
Go level up and check if there's auto-roof placed.

I removed the auto-roof placement and I'm still getting the same issue. It's very strange.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:36 PM
Hi, Cottus! Sorry for maybe suggestion, what you have probably tried out: buyDebug activated. I suspect too, that there can be too "jig" not deleted by game (this thing what creates game where 2 sims are having some interaction). Sometimes game don't delete it when interaction finished. Then is that a job for Master Controller (but I don't remember, how is this procedure).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM
Do you have DebugEnabler? If so, try the Radius Purge function on the floor tiles:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEn...-Terrain%20menu
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#14 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 1:21 AM
I tried to see whether there is any issue with the house in its pre-made state but I can't find any house in Bridgeport that fits your description.
Theorist
#15 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 2:07 AM
Did you try deleting those tiles and replacing them?

I'm thinking it's leftover social jig also. Try simsample's suggestion above and see if that clears it up.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 5:40 AM
Unfortunately, Buydebug did not help remove these tiles and deal with the collision issue.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have DebugEnabler? If so, try the Radius Purge function on the floor tiles

I just got DebugEnabler and Radius Purge hasn't solved the problem. The floor tiles cannot be removed and I still receive a "Can't Intercept Objects" error when trying to place walls or objects over the area.

I tried to see whether there is any issue with the house in its pre-made state but I can't find any house in Bridgeport that fits your description.

I confused myself - I thought I was referring to Cabin Point. I actually just placed one of the Sims 3 premade houses in a free lot in the hills of Bridgeport. It's near the two parks.

Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Did you try deleting those tiles and replacing them?

I'm thinking it's leftover social jig also. Try simsample's suggestion above and see if that clears it up.

That's the weird part - I cannot delete these tiles in build mode and I do not receive any errors when trying to just remove the tiles with the tile tool in Build Mode.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Though this is rare, but I ran into this issue before on a few occasions, especially in Riverview premade houses.

There are some instances where the floor tiles are not "flat" enough. Yes, even on 2nd floors. Most times it only prevents you from drawing walls across it, placing roofs properly, etc... but there was one instance where I remember I couldn't place objects on there either.

What you need to do is use the CFE cheat and use the "level" terrain tool in build mode on the "3rd floor" right above the broken area. Using the "level terran tool, drag it across from "wall to wall" over the broken area. Then when you are done, test to see if it is fixed. Then turn off the CFE tool before you draw more walls.

Like I've said, this is a rare issue and I haven't came across it in a long time. I'm fairly certain it is the floor above the broken area, but you might need to do it on that broken floor too, the 2nd floor. To prevent it in the future. Always "flatten lot" before you build or use foundational tools.

As I read your post, I think that this might be the issue. I have been unable to make snowmen on my lot, for example, because it's supposedly not flat enough.

How do I use the CFE cheat? I have not played any Sims game in a very long time and I have forgotten/am not familiar with this tool.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 10:22 AM
Well, I tried what you did and that patch of floor is still broken. I also discovered that Sims cannot interact with that area as well.

I also decided to mess around with the cheats and drag and drop the tool on the foundation level. This proceeded to completely mangle the lot! Nothing that a re-load can't cure, but it still gave me a good laugh to see something so goofy and glitchy.

I am convinced that the problem is exactly as you describe: it's a problem with technically (but not visually) uneven ground. However, I think it's something that can't be solved without re-placing the lot entirely - which I simply can't be arsed to do over a 2x3 area. Strange enough, moveobjects on allows me to put objects on the area but does not allow me to remove the floors.

I will be sure to use the "flatten lot" function before doing anything from now on, but I think that one room is forever haunted. I'll just build a new bedroom for my nth child and turn the old one into asymmetrical roofing.

Thanks to all of you for trying to help me with this. It's a weird glitch indeed.