Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 6:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Into the Future
Sims 3 is lagging on my PC, How do I improve my board?
Hey guys. This is my motherboard: Gigabyte J1800M-D3P. ( https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboar...M-D3P-rev-10#ov )
Here is my PC Specs:

My question is, I have Sims 3 FULL pack. But It's lagging. Not very much, But lag which affect smooth gameplay. I'm planning to increase my RAM to 4GB. Will it work?

Best Regards.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 10:26 AM Last edited by PapaEmy : 9th Sep 2017 at 10:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Computerixx
Hey guys. This is my motherboard: Gigabyte J1800M-D3P. ( https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboar...M-D3P-rev-10#ov )

My question is, I have Sims 3 FULL pack. But It's lagging. Not very much, But lag which affect smooth gameplay. I'm planning to increase my RAM to 4GB. Will it work?

Technically adding more RAM would improve overall performance, but for your motherboard with its built-in Celeron processor, it won't help for gaming (not only TS3) because of your processor, yes with 2.4Ghz cpu clock it may run TS3 but Celeron is weak for gaming because of lacking some instructions and very small L2 cache memory and there's no L3 cache either, and your motherboard type doesn't allowed you to upgrade your processor, basically your motherboard+processor combo package is not for gaming, so even if you add more RAM to its maximum 8Gb and add Nvidia or Radeon graphic card, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed for overall gaming performance. because there's no way to optimize or improve your motherboard combo for gaming.

But if you insist to run TS3 with your combo system, with 32 bit OS you have, its maximum RAM that can be read by 32 bit OS are only up to 3GB, and with your mobo combo only having two slots of RAM you can only set up a single channel for 3GB RAM, there's no point of using RAMDisk with 32 bit OS, and because of these limitations then just install TS3 BG only with no EPs SPs CCs and Mods (except FPS Limiter). The only way to improve your system (if you want to invest more in RAM etc), then just leave your combo package and built a new one from scratch, at least get a new mobo and processor as you may re-use your other hardware, don't get a combo package for gaming.