Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2017 at 9:18 AM Last edited by billygot : 6th Jan 2018 at 2:15 AM.
Default Castaway Stories application crash,tried almost everything still not working.

I've tried run it as admin,tried turned off anti-virus,tried change the language,tried run it with older compatibility,I even re-installed and copied the Graphic Rules file from my perfectly working TS2UC folder to this one...just doesn't work. I've tried but the graphicsrulesmaker doesn't seem to cover this one.

Any suggestion would be wonderful,thanks for your time!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:27 AM
I too have experienced this problem, did you ever find a solution?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:42 AM
They don't have the same graphic rules, so copy/pasta from TS2 won't work. It is probably possible to do the edits manually on the original Castaway file, though. You probably also need the 4gb fix and memory allocation fix, but remember to turn off compatibility and admin mode (they don't work with the 4gb fix).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zen.ox

It would be helpful if the OP or you described your hardware. I am writing up some instructions for a D9VK approach and I'm curious if that might be a viable way to get around these crashes for Castaway Stories since it runs on the same engine (with a dxvk.conf limiting the memory "d3d9.maxAvailableMemory = 1435973836" since D9VK is not aware of Castaway Stories' exe name).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zen.ox

I did a long time ago,but totally forgot about this post,please pardon me. THE solution is: Change your Windows location to USA! Doesn't matter what country you're in,change it to USA,and it runs like nothing ever happened.