Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 1:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Crashing
Hello everyone!
I haven't played ts2UC in a few months, went to start it up today, and after selecting a neighborhood, that little box letting me know the game has stopped working appeared. I've tried a lot of things, unfortunately to no avail, and I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas or solutions. I'm sorry if this has an obvious answer, but I've been searching for quite a few hours with no solutions that have helped.
Here's what I have done so far, however: reinstalled the game, ran as administrator, disabled my antivirus software, deleted the cache and neighborhood manager files, troubleshooting compatibility, removing any and all CC, and reinstalling Origin.
Thank you for your time and I hope someone is able to help!
Edit: I thought it may be helpful to mention that it alternates between letting me get into the neighborhood but then crashing with no warnings shortly after, letting me know it needs to terminate the program right o the first loading screen, or what I mentioned before with the stopped working text box and then closing the program on the neighborhood loading screen.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MelloYello3547
Hello everyone!
I haven't played ts2UC in a few months, went to start it up today, and after selecting a neighborhood, that little box letting me know the game has stopped working appeared. I've tried a lot of things, unfortunately to no avail, and I wanted to know if anyone has any ideas or solutions. I'm sorry if this has an obvious answer, but I've been searching for quite a few hours with no solutions that have helped.
Here's what I have done so far, however: reinstalled the game, ran as administrator, disabled my antivirus software, deleted the cache and neighborhood manager files, troubleshooting compatibility, removing any and all CC, and reinstalling Origin.
Thank you for your time and I hope someone is able to help!
Edit: I thought it may be helpful to mention that it alternates between letting me get into the neighborhood but then crashing with no warnings shortly after, letting me know it needs to terminate the program right o the first loading screen, or what I mentioned before with the stopped working text box and then closing the program on the neighborhood loading screen.

Have you played UC on this computer before? Also make sure to update your graphics drivers. Have you tried other neighbourhoods? Can you load others?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2017 at 9:13 AM
Which version of Windows are you using?
If is Windows 10, try to restart the computer - it will add back drivers that may have been dropped.
Update the graphic drivers.
(Remember that reinstalling is a last resort - crashing can be due to a large number of things, but can be sorted out most of the time).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 9:14 PM

Thank you so much for responding! With the help of some wonderful people over at Leefish I was able to fix the issue with graphics in the game, but there's a new thing I'm totally stumped with. I get an Acess Violation in my sims2exception log every time the game crashes (which it only seems to do when clicking to finish a sim in CAS or when trying to load one of the premade households) and I'm really not sure where to go from there. I'm hoping maybe someone has resolved this issue before and can let me know what can be done? Thank you again, both of you! I really appreciate it and I'm sorry for such a delayed response.