Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:09 AM
Default Has anyone bought Sims off Walmart.com?
I want to but I've never bought anything online before and I'm not sure if I'm getting the disc or what. It says Sims Ambitions (PC) (Digital Code)
What exactly does that mean? I looked on my Walmart (they dont sell it there so I was gonna buy it online obvs) and when I typed in the expansion pack I do have, it just says Sims Pets. Not anything extra. If I added it to the cart am I getting the disc or the digital code? It says it would arrive in 3-5 days which makes me think I'll get the disc but again, when I type in Sims Pets and I locate it to my store it doesnt have (PC) nor (Digital Code) behind it. I'm just confused. As I said, never done this before.
(I started to post this in off-topic but it says nothing sims related so...)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:14 AM
That sounds like a digital download code. I would imagine they include instructions for downloading it from the Origin store. If you have a little time and don't mind waiting though, the game usually goes on sale for $5 per pack on Steam a couple times a year.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
That sounds like a digital download code. I would imagine they include instructions for downloading it from the Origin store. If you have a little time and don't mind waiting though, the game usually goes on sale for $5 per pack on Steam a couple times a year.

I've been putting this off for so long because I'm wary of ordering things online. Think I can wait a bit more. Forty bucks to five dollars. Total money saver. My brother has a Steam account. I'll see if he'll let me use it. Thanks for the info.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 4:45 AM
You'll need to buy the base game on Steam to buy the EPs there, but that's 5 dollars at the sale, too.
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 2:34 PM
I'd go for Steam as well. Their sales are great. I have most of Sims 3 and the majority of EPS either physically of through Origin. However, with computer issues and the fact my physical disks are over 7 hours away in my storage unit, I went to Steam and bought Pets and Sims 3, then added the other eps I wanted or didn't have. It's quite economically.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:13 PM
In my experience (bought on Amazon), digital code means they give you a product code that you redeem on Origin or the Sims 3 store.
I've been making sure to get it on disk. I don't trust origin to stay in business or even support a product.

yes, I'm bitter about the Sim Ant debacle.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:30 PM
What was the Sim Ant debacle?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
What was the Sim Ant debacle?

It won't run under windows anymore. EA doesn't care.
Not a big debacle... just for me. I liked that game.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 9:55 PM
I have not bought Sims there but have bought other items from WM online and had no problems. Checks just came a few minutes ago ordered from them.