Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:30 PM
Default The sims 3 book references
Don't know if this has been discovered or mentioned in the past, so i apologize in advance, but today I've just discovered that Maxis put in an of mice and men reference into the game when I selected on writing a new novel, now I'm kind of curious as to whether all the other default book names are actually references to real books.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:33 PM
There is '1948' in the sciencefiction books, which is an obvious reference to '1984' by George Orwell.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM
Just found a reference to the TV programme, Murder She Wrote. Surprised i've only just discovered these references after years of playing the sims.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:11 PM
You should read the list of default books, in case you haven't.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#5 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 12:49 AM
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_...ggs_in_The_Sims

Scroll down to Sims 3....

Fun stuff.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
And to add.. Olivia Blend, a reference to Oliver Twist.