Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:43 PM
Object re-coloring
Hey everyone!

My team over at SimGoodie have been working hard on re-colors of clothing and such for The Sims 4, but wants to try out re-coloring paintings and objects. What tool should we use to do this? Can we just use one of the CAS recoloring tools?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I've tried searching.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aleahl213
Hey everyone!

My team over at SimGoodie have been working hard on re-colors of clothing and such for The Sims 4, but wants to try out re-coloring paintings and objects. What tool should we use to do this? Can we just use one of the CAS recoloring tools?

Sorry if this has been answered before, I've tried searching.

Basically, we don't know yet.

Someone needs to figure out how the object resources are kept and then update/create a tool that can handle that formatting. It doesn't exist yet.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 3:46 PM
Any updates on this? I have recoloured a couple of clothing items (following tutorials) but would like to recolour paintings
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:15 AM
only sim resource know how
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 9:58 PM
Hopefully you have found it already but the alpha version of Sims 4 Studio now has the capability to create object recolours. Currently they have to be stand-alone objects though and the recolour tool in-game does not work once the object has been placed. You MUST choose the colour you want from the catalogue before placing it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Hopefully you have found it already but the alpha version of Sims 4 Studio now has the capability to create object recolours. Currently they have to be stand-alone objects though and the recolour tool in-game does not work once the object has been placed. You MUST choose the colour you want from the catalogue before placing it.

Yes, seen it, I will try some paintings when I get a bit of time, thanks for the heads up