Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 8:34 AM
Default A tool to check if I have conflicting default replacements?
Does there exist anywhere a tool I can use to check for multiple default replacements of the same mesh/texture/object/etc.? I've been downloading a lot of defaults lately and it's getting hard to keep track. I know if I go into the game, it will just choose one based on filename order, with nothing to tell me "hey, you've got a few different downloads fighting for dominance here" or anything. (The one time I don't want the game to work smoothly...)

It doesn't have to be a tool specifically to do this; if I can do it via one of the many existing utilities/gadgets/things out there, that would also be great. Can something like a download organizer potentially help me?

pronouns: they/them
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 8:56 AM
As far as I know, there is nothing that will do it. Default clothing is pretty tricky and it never shows up in Download organizer as such. All you can do is make a folder for just DR stuff and keep an eye on it.
Your game will also inform you when it doesn't like defaults by ignoring them and using the original in their place.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 9:54 AM
You could run a GUID scan in simPE. Not sure if that is only for objects though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 10:43 AM
Make sure that when you put a default into your game that the file name indicates exactly what it is and what it's replacing. Rename the file if necessary so you can find and remove it later if you don't want it anymore.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:30 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jan 2019 at 10:17 AM.
Find one default, remove it from your Downloads folder. Goes back to EAxis? You don't have another default. Still looks like a replacement? Go hunting for the next one.

Best tip is to put all your defaults into one folder, and sort them so you know what's what. Maybe put the name of the item it replaces in the front of the filename, so it's easier to find doubles. You should be able to find the name of the original item by opening the file in SimPE and looking at the resource names.

You can look through the files with Clean Installer (defaults tend to show up as incomplete files), or SimPE (only has the name of the replacement mesh/texture in the mesh, and the files don't have the 8-digit number prefix in the recolors that you get with Bodyshop recolors).
Instructor
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 3:53 PM
If they both perform the same function, the Hack Conflict detector should find them.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2063
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 3:20 AM
HCDU doesn't work on clothing or hair. It only works on mods.