Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 5:59 PM
Default .obj?
Hello ModTheSims community,

I hail from CTOSims.com, the TS1 archiving community, as I am a proud TS1 veteran. Some of you may already be vaguely aquainted with me on the official TS4 site as "GlassHippocampus".

To explain my situation a little, I am currently working on a grand project for TS1 and hope to transfer the project to TS4 in the distant future.

The objects in TS1 are mere rendered 3d graphical images shot in an "orthodox" angle (in programs like anim8or); I understand that TS4 objects are much more complex than this, since we're using actual rotational meshes in the latter.

As a complete novice in TS4 mesh modding, I wanted to know: Can object files from TS4 be converted to and from .obj files? While my TS1 project are mere images, the 3d graphic files used to render those images are still there.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM
Right now there are no tools for TS4 object editing publicly available yet, so you will have to wait a little bit for a definite answer =).

But since TS3 > obj was an option, I would expect that to be possible for TS4 too.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.