Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 10:35 PM
Leefish, who is at GameCon says the sims look exactly like Sims 3 sims in CAS.

Again, I think we see what we want to see.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Leefish, who is at GameCon says the sims look exactly like Sims 3 sims in CAS.

Again, I think we see what we want to see.

This makes me a sad panda. I hope this isn't so.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
I know. It was a huge scumbag Maxis moment. I've noticed people tend to put Maxis on a pedal stool and wish for the old days back, forgetting Maxis wasn't perfect and deceived their customers in certain ways like EA does today.

i don't think it was done to spite us or decieve us. that video was from ts1's makin magic. they must have just decided to go a different route instead of having all that crazy fire shit.
Theorist
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i don't think it was done to spite us or decieve us. that video was from ts1's makin magic. they must have just decided to go a different route instead of having all that crazy fire shit.

If we're talking about TS2, the game was basically entirely lost due to a server fire so they had to quickly rebuild the stuff. We might have gotten a game similar to the trailer but at this point we will never know.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
If we're talking about TS2, the game was basically entirely lost due to a server fire so they had to quickly rebuild the stuff. We might have gotten a game similar to the trailer but at this point we will never know.

I have a hard time believing they lost everything due to a fire. What company doesn't back up their work? Even the tiny company I work for has offsite backups and when I worked in the environmental field, all of our paperwork was copied and held at some offsite area in case of fire or hurricane.

They might have lost a few months progress or whatever, but they did not lose everything..unless they were foolish, which is rather tough to believe of a company this size. My guess is they just lost enough to use it as an excuse for cutting stuff.

Even with then, they had more time to finish the game, which no way did they start again from scratch, then they have with Sims 4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:27 AM
The graphics are like those from the Sims 3 tuned down or the Sims 2 graphics tuned up... But I hope they don't over-modernize the graphics like much developers do nowadays (Windows 8-ish). Sims 3 is a PC-killer.

And I hope the Sims 4 will have the same type of humor as the Sims 2 does. Sims 3 was just emotionless.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 10:32 AM
I played with the sim in cas for a very short time. As a keen Sims2 player and a disgruntled EX-Sims3 player, I can say that I saw a lot more Sims3ness in the CAS sims than Sims2ness.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2013 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat

really?
Page 2 of 2