Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:41 PM
Default Anyone else notice this?
Pretty much ALL of the body shape options are complete rip offs of custom sliders that modders have already created for TS3. It kind of annoys me how those people aren't going to get any credit for doing this WAY before EA did it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:41 PM
EA/Maxis/Sims Studio* lol
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:47 PM
Nothing surprising, they add from modders all the time. However, even though the areas that are molded may have came from EA but could have been influenced from modders creating something that would be more useful. Shame EA waited until Sims 4 to add it to the game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#4 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 7:50 PM
You see, EA isn't very good at noticing things unless someone points it out to them. They didn't know people liked sliders/wanted more because they were too incompetent to see the obvious
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
You see, EA isn't very good at noticing things unless someone points it out to them. They didn't know people liked sliders/wanted more because they were too incompetent to see the obvious

I think EA's biggest problem is that nobody plays the game. They are not simmers. They have no idea what makes the game fun or not. Their attitude is "I just work here", you can't be creative if you don't care.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 8:43 PM
I had the impression most modders don't play the game either? All the ones I speak to tell me they don't play lol.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I had the impression most modders don't play the game either? All the ones I speak to tell me they don't play lol.

too busy making their mods?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM

That is true, but they do listen and try to apply what they know to accomplish something in the game that EA couldn't be bothered to do. Even if there was an outcry, excuses would come that there's no way what's asked for can be done, a few hours after the game comes out, there it is.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:13 PM

lol I never would have guessed this

I mod because I play. If I wouldn't play I wouldn't care and I would be reading instead.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 10:28 PM
I can kind of see it. But I'm one of those people who can't stand playing anymore because it's so uninteresting at this point -- yet I still mod for myself and download loads of CC.