Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:12 AM Last edited by rexydallas : 25th Aug 2013 at 8:48 AM.
Default TS4 should have multi-layer outfits like TS2 console.
It was a great feature, in my opinion, and I don't see why TS2 console (and TS2 pets console thereafter) were the only games with it. Unfortunately, that probably won't happen. One can dream, one can dream.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 4:43 AM
Will anyone reply to this? D:
No one else likes it?
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 5:33 AM
I never played the console game, but my husband did and that's how I was introduced to the world of sims. Layered clothing was about the only feature I really liked in the console game.

I'm all for layering clothes and maybe they'll give that to us given that they're doing it with the hair and hats. I'm not an expert but if they can do that with hair and hats, surely someone can find a way to layer the clothing. It's a nice wish ... we'll see what they roll out come 2014.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:17 AM
Agreed that the more layering, the better.

The TS4 info from gamescom makes it clear that hats will be "layered" with hair, and boots will interact better with pants than in TS3.

Seems that jackets and sweaters won't layer though; those are single pieces in the current demo, sadly. Unless they are working on it and just haven't finished the layering tech yet :p

I'm hoping that they make a LOT more use of accessories as a layering option (with more intelligent layering like we've been promised for boots). In TS3, even though you can have separate necklaces etc, there are plenty of outfits that have those built in instead. I've NEVER understood why male sims have nude tops with and without necklaces for sleep and swimwear, instead of just having necklaces ><

Quote: Originally posted by rexydallas
Will anyone reply to this? D: No one else likes it?

Posting guidelines here discourage bumping Be patient! Don't worry, if anybody disagrees with you they'll click the button and you'll find out that way
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
we'll see what they roll out come 2014.

Maybe earlier if it gets leaked before release like The Sims 3 did...
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Agreed that the more layering, the better.

The TS4 info from gamescom makes it clear that hats will be "layered" with hair, and boots will interact better with pants than in TS3.

Seems that jackets and sweaters won't layer though; those are single pieces in the current demo, sadly. Unless they are working on it and just haven't finished the layering tech yet :p

I'm hoping that they make a LOT more use of accessories as a layering option (with more intelligent layering like we've been promised for boots). In TS3, even though you can have separate necklaces etc, there are plenty of outfits that have those built in instead. I've NEVER understood why male sims have nude tops with and without necklaces for sleep and swimwear, instead of just having necklaces ><

I agree Srikandi. I honestly hope they can do the layering thing with clothes and of course jewelry since they can do it with the hat/hair and the boots. I can't believe I forgot all about the boots!!!

Oh and while I remember... why on SimGoddess' green simEarth can't they give the sims finger and toe nails? Is it that tough to "paint" them on? I hate that they don't have nails. It's the first thing I looked for when I jumped to TS3 and people were starting to create CC. My sims never go around without nails.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:39 AM
My favorite CC is the nails and toenail polish. Layerable of course, but hope in Sims 4 they will have a category for fingernails and toenails without sacrificing the gloves and socks. Want more jewelry for males and females. Why have rich sims and can't make them more fancy than other sims. Points if they were made for purchase.

Guess we have to wait and see.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#8 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
My favorite CC is the nails and toenail polish. Layerable of course, but hope in Sims 4 they will have a category for fingernails and toenails without sacrificing the gloves and socks. Want more jewelry for males and females. Why have rich sims and can't make them more fancy than other sims. Points if they were made for purchase.

Guess we have to wait and see.

~~hugs~~ I thought I was the only one being OCD about the nails thing

Definitely more jewelry. You can never have enough. This time around though, I wish/hope that they make it possible to wear rings/bracelets on BOTH hands/wrists. It really bugs me that our sims in TS3 can only wear 1 ring on the left hand and only one 1 finger. Unless of course you got 3rd party CC that enabled your sim to wear rings on more than 1 finger and even some on both hands.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
~~hugs~~ I thought I was the only one being OCD about the nails thing

Definitely more jewelry. You can never have enough. This time around though, I wish/hope that they make it possible to wear rings/bracelets on BOTH hands/wrists. It really bugs me that our sims in TS3 can only wear 1 ring on the left hand and only one 1 finger. Unless of course you got 3rd party CC that enabled your sim to wear rings on more than 1 finger and even some on both hands.

Nope, you are not alone. *now I want to break out in the Michael Jackson song*

I want different lengths for fingernails and for males to have the look of manicured nails. I have seen some nice CC nails for males/females that look manicured, regular length but haven't downloaded it yet.

Definitely agree about using jewelry on both hands because I want my rich, music producer to look like one, dammit!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2013 at 8:47 AM
Default Want to make more fitting title
Now I feel like I should change title to a more fitting one based off the discussion... I just don't know what.